Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Tim Sutton-6
Hi All

It is nomination time again for the QGIS board! According to our charter [1] our Project Steering Committee and Board members shall serve for periods of two years at a time and then shall be eligible for re-election. In addition, new members for the Board and PSC can be nominated at these times. After the nominations, a vote will follow to decide how the PSC and Board will be made up for the next two years. If you are a QGIS Voting member (i.e. your name appears either here [2] as Community Voting Member or here [3] as Country User Group Voting Member), please take the time to make nominations. You should have already received an email invitation to the nominations form. If you have not, please contact me and I will resend it to you.

On a personal note I would like to share that I will be standing down from the Board and PSC at the end of my tenure as chair. I will continue to participate in the QGIS community as a GIS Nerd :-) I am extremely honoured to have been able to serve as your first Board Chair. QGIS as a project has grown so much and we have many good processes in place to ensure that the project keeps growing and reaching more and more users with our special brand of Open Source GIS goodness. Standing down is not a decision I took lightly and being part of such an awesome community of developers, users, documenters, GIS Nerds has been a really awesome experience. From the humble beginnings of Gary Sherman starting QGIS 16 years ago and his subsequent generosity in opening up the source code to the world, QGIS is now being used in every corner of the world and in every sector of society. It has been great to be a part of seeing that happen, and I look forward to continuing the journey with you all under the new project Chair.

Thank you all for the wonderful support you have shown me while I have served as Chair, now go out and use your votes to elect the next Chair who can lead QGIS on to bigger and better things!

My very best regards

Tim Sutton

---

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Yves Jacolin

Thanks Tim for your work as a PSC member. You did an awesome work always with quality and openness in mind.

Y.

Le 06/02/2018 à 16:16, Tim Sutton a écrit :
[...]

http://yjacolin.gloobe.org

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

3nids
Hi Tim,

From my point of view, you were an outstanding chair! Your pragmatism, clear vision for the project, calm and friendly attitude will be missed there.
I'd like to thank you very much for all your work.

It was a pleasure harrassing you with many demands ;)

Cheers,
Denis

qgis-icon-60x60.png (5K) Download Attachment
qgis-icon-60x60.png (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Anita Graser
​Hi Tim,

​Thank you again for all the great work you have been doing form QGIS over the years! It has been a pleasure and an honor to have you on the PSC. I've certainly learned a lot from working with you. You're leaving some big shoes to fill for the next chair.

Regards,
Anita

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tim,

From my point of view, you were an outstanding chair! Your pragmatism, clear vision for the project, calm and friendly attitude will be missed there.
[...]

On 06 Feb 2018, at 17:43, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tim,

From my point of view, you were an outstanding chair! Your pragmatism, clear vision for the project, calm and friendly attitude will be missed there.
I'd like to thank you very much for all your work.

It was a pleasure harrassing you with many demands ;)

Haha thanks! :-)

[...]

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org

Desktop GIS programming services
Geospatial web development
GIS Training
Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux
IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Tim Sutton-6
Hi Anita

On 06 Feb 2018, at 19:47, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:

​Hi Tim,

​Thank you again for all the great work you have been doing form QGIS over the years! It has been a pleasure and an honor to have you on the PSC. I've certainly learned a lot from working with you. You're leaving some big shoes to fill for the next chair.

Awww thanks Anita! Everyone of you on the PSC is fantastic, QGIS is lucky to have you!

Also since I already had a few queries on back channels (people always look for intrigue :-p) let me say also publicly: no, I am not upset about anything, yes, I still love QGIS and the community around QGIS, I just need a break from having rather too many things on my plate for rather too many years.

Thanks again!

Regards

Tim

Regards,
Anita

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Denis Rouzaud <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tim,

From my point of view, you were an outstanding chair! Your pragmatism, clear vision for the project, calm and friendly attitude will be missed there.
[...]

Régis Haubourg

Tim,
it was a great honour to have you as the QGIS chairman.
You will for sure be a reference for the next generations. Your commitment, calm and kindness combined with that hippie nerdish mind are really a nice way to spread a nice community spirit.
I must also send a big "Bravo" for all the administrative work made with the PSC to transform QGIS.org into a true organized association.

A big thank you, also for the morning / evening run at the hackfests!

let's keep QGIS rock!

Régis

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

ginetto
Great chair Tim... the way you were able to focus the group.

Standing ovation! clap clap clap clap

Enjoy that time you'll save :)

a big hug.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
* Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg

On 6 February 2018 at 16:16, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alessandro Pasotti-2
Tim, a big thank you for all your commitments and efforts, for bringing QGIS where it is now.

It's always been a great pleasure working with you!

See you soon!

On Feb 6, 2018 16:16, "Tim Sutton" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Giovanni Manghi
Hi Tim,

> it was a great honour to have you as the QGIS chairman.
> You will for sure be a reference for the next generations. Your commitment,
> calm and kindness combined with that hippie nerdish mind are really a nice
> way to spread a nice community spirit.
> I must also send a big "Bravo" for all the administrative work made with the
> PSC to transform QGIS.org into a true organized association.

what Regis said is what basically crossed my mind: kindness,
competence, moderation and commitment.

thanks a lot Tim!

cheers

-- Giovanni --

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

pcav
Hi Tim, all

Il 06/02/2018 20:03, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Also since I already had a few queries on back channels (people always
> look for intrigue :-p) let me say also publicly: no, I am not upset
> about anything, yes, I still love QGIS and the community around QGIS, I
> just need a break from having rather too many things on my plate for
> rather too many years.

indeed QGIS is a very "clean" community, no intrigues.
Thanks Tim for making it so clear.
looking forward to have you back soon!

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Nominations for the QGIS Board and a short announcement from your Board Chair

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Thanks so much for your kind comment Nyall, Giovanni and Paolo!

Regards

Tim

On 08 Feb 2018, at 00:01, Nyall Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 7 February 2018 at 01:16, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On a personal note I would like to share that I will be standing down from the Board and PSC at the end of my tenure as chair

Tim -

It's with much sadness that I read this, but I can also totally
understand your decision in doing so. Under your leadership the QGIS
project has grown and gone from strength to strength, and I believe
that a HUGE part of this is directly due to your guidance of the
project. You've been everything we could possibly dream of in a chair.

I'd also like to say that I've found your welcoming attitude a great
inspiration. Just watching you at hackfests I've seen endless
occasions of how you always give everyone time and attention, how you
actively seek out new members of the community and take time to learn
their stories, and how courteous and respectful you are of everyone's
opinions.

The whole open-source software ecosystem would be a much better place
if we had more people like you in leadership!

Nyall

IRC: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net