Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Matthias Kuhn 🌍

Hi PSC,

I'd like to formally nominate David Signer (@signedav) for core committer status to QGIS.

David has been doing excellent work since he joined us at opengis.ch in several areas of QGIS. His code is consistently of excellent quality and his knowledge in various aspects of QGIS are an extremely valuable asset to the project.
His history of contributions also demonstrates a clear understanding of not only QGIS code practices, but also modern best-practice c++ and Qt development.

I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him with this also to enforce the pull request review team.

Thanks for this consideration!
Matthias

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Régis Haubourg -2

I am not a voting member for this, but it's a big +1

Régis

Le 20/08/2019 à 16:37, Matthias Kuhn a écrit :

Hi PSC,

I'd like to formally nominate David Signer (@signedav) for core committer status to QGIS.

David has been doing excellent work since he joined us at opengis.ch in several areas of QGIS. His code is consistently of excellent quality and his knowledge in various aspects of QGIS are an extremely valuable asset to the project.
His history of contributions also demonstrates a clear understanding of not only QGIS code practices, but also modern best-practice c++ and Qt development.

I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him with this also to enforce the pull request review team.

Thanks for this consideration!
Matthias

Open Source GIS Expert / Water management

mail: [hidden email]
tél: 0033 184 257 870

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Marco Bernasocchi-2

On 20.08.19 16:43, Régis Haubourg wrote:

I am not a voting member for this, but it's a big +1

obviously for me too

Cheers

Marco

[...]

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Tim Sutton-6
+1 from me!

Regards

Tim

On 20 Aug 2019, at 15:46, Marco Bernasocchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

---

Tim Sutton

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

ElPaso
Il 21/08/19 01:18, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> +1 from me!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
>> On 20 Aug 2019, at 15:46, Marco Bernasocchi <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>

>> On 20.08.19 16:43, Régis Haubourg wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not a voting member for this, but it's a big +1

I'm also entirely in favor of granting David Signer commit rights!

Regards

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3: www.itopen.it

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

ginetto
+1 for me too

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Book: Mastering QGIS3 - 3rd Edition
* Hire a team: http://www.qcooperative.net

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 16:37, Matthias Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi PSC,

I'd like to formally nominate David Signer (@signedav) for core committer status to QGIS.

David has been doing excellent work since he joined us at opengis.ch in several areas of QGIS. His code is consistently of excellent quality and his knowledge in various aspects of QGIS are an extremely valuable asset to the project.
His history of contributions also demonstrates a clear understanding of not only QGIS code practices, but also modern best-practice c++ and Qt development.

I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him with this also to enforce the pull request review team.

Thanks for this consideration!
Matthias

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Alexander Bruy
+1 from me

ср, 21 серп. 2019 о 02:18 Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> пише:
[...]

Jürgen E. Fischer

On Tue, 20. Aug 2019 at 16:37:27 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him
> with this also to enforce the pull request review team.

+1

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Nyall Dawson
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 06:20, Jürgen E. Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 20. Aug 2019 at 16:37:27 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> > I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him
> > with this also to enforce the pull request review team.

+1

Nyall

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

pcav
+1, of course
welcome on board, David.

On 22/08/19 00:35, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 06:20, Jürgen E. Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, 20. Aug 2019 at 16:37:27 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>>> I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him
>>> with this also to enforce the pull request review team.
>>
> +1
>
> Nyall

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

I think we have enough approving votes: David can you please read https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/contributor_requirements.html and the links in that page and then write an email to this thread stating that you agree to our contributor rules.

Thanks!

Regards

Tim

On 24 Aug 2019, at 10:14, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1, of course
welcome on board, David.

On 22/08/19 00:35, Nyall Dawson wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 06:20, Jürgen E. Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 20. Aug 2019 at 16:37:27 +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
I think it would be valuable to give David core commit rights and allow him
with this also to enforce the pull request review team.

+1

Nyall

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:

---

Tim Sutton

Fwd: Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Matthias Kuhn 🌍

Hi Dave,

I'm forwarding this to you (I think you were not following the PSC list) congratulations and a warm welcome!

Regards
Matthias

Attached Message Part (196 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

signedav
Hi Tim and all the others

I read the linked pages and do agree to the contributor rules.
Thank you all for your trust and support. I'm happy and proud to be part of it.
Looking forward to further good and interesting teamwork.

Have a good evening and cheers!
Dave

24 August 2019 15:06 Nathan Woodrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM Matthias Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I'm forwarding this to you (I think you were not following the PSC list) congratulations and a warm welcome!

Regards
Matthias

Re: [Qgis-psc] Nomination of David Signer for core committer
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:40:54 +0300
From:
Tim Sutton [hidden email]
To:
Paolo Cavallini [hidden email], [hidden email]
[...]

 <qgis-icon-60x60.png>

---

Tim Sutton

Re: Fwd: Re: Nomination of David Signer for core committer

Tim Sutton-6
Thanks David

Just give me your GitHub ID an I will add you to the committers list.

Regards

Tim

On 24 Aug 2019, at 21:50, David Signer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tim and all the others

I read the linked pages and do agree to the contributor rules.
Thank you all for your trust and support. I'm happy and proud to be part of it.
Looking forward to further good and interesting teamwork.

Have a good evening and cheers!
Dave

24 August 2019 15:06 Nathan Woodrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Welcome!

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM Matthias Kuhn <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I'm forwarding this to you (I think you were not following the PSC list) congratulations and a warm welcome!

Regards
Matthias

Re: [Qgis-psc] Nomination of David Signer for core committer
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:40:54 +0300
From:
Tim Sutton [hidden email]
To:
[...]

It's 28384354.

Thanks a lot
Dave

24 August 2019 23:32 Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:40:54 +0300
From:
Tim Sutton [hidden email]
To:
[...]

Welcome David!
I just added you to the core committers group, congratulations and thanks for all the work

ciao Marco

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019, 23:07 David Signer, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 10:40:54 +0300
From:
Tim Sutton [hidden email]