No strong cryptography available, installation of the unrestricted policy jar files is recommended

No strong cryptography available, installation of the unrestricted policy jar files is recommended

robertdbuckley
Hi,

Where and how can I install the unrestricted policy jar file...if it is really necessary!

cheers,
Rob

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)

Re: No strong cryptography available, installation of the unrestricted policy jar files is recommended

christian.mueller-2
The installation is recommended if you use

1) encrypted passwords
2) URL parameter encryption

If you dont need 2) and switch to digest encoding for 1), there is no
need for installation.

Christian

Zitat von Robert Buckley <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Where and how can I install the unrestricted policy jar file...if it
>  is really necessary!
>
> cheers,
> Rob

Re: No strong cryptography available, installation of the unrestricted policy jar files is recommended

robertdbuckley
Thanks,

Regarding the URL parameter encryption..Does this mean that looking at the URL of the individual tiles served by a wms in e.g Firebug  will not give the address of the server???

Cheers,

Rob

The installation is recommended if you use

1) encrypted passwords
2) URL parameter encryption

If you dont need 2) and switch to digest encoding for 1), there is no need for installation.

Christian

Zitat von Robert Buckley <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Where and how can I install the unrestricted policy jar file...if it  is really necessary!
>
> cheers,
> Rob

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)

Re: No strong cryptography available, installation of the unrestricted policy jar files is recommended

christian.mueller-2
Zitat von Robert Buckley <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks,
>
> Regarding the URL parameter encryption..Does this mean that looking
> at the URL of the individual tiles served by a wms in e.g Firebug
>  will not give the address of the server???

No, the url parameter encryption is only working for the web interface
and is completely transparent for the the user. Look here for an example
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/webadmin/security/settings.html