Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

dirkf
Agenda:

FOSS4G BE event.
* Lead for FOSS4G-BE (all)
* Date of the event  (all)
* First feedback about the structure (dirk)

if skype: (+1) for me
my skype adres is dirkfrigne

for IRC:
If we want to use IRC, should we create our own channel, or use the
OSGeo IRC? does anybody know/kan help?

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Johan Van de Wauw
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if skype: (+1) for me
> my skype adres is dirkfrigne
>
> for IRC:
> If we want to use IRC, should we create our own channel, or use the
> OSGeo IRC? does anybody know/kan help?

For irc, i'd suggest using #osgeobe on irc.freenode.net
This does not need setup (the channel will be created when the first
person connects). It is possible to connect using a browser at:
https://webchat.freenode.net/

Disadvantage: chat only (no voice)

I'm also ok using skype but let me know in advance as I'll have to install it.

Kind Regards,
Johan

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Marc Ducobu-2
Hello,

I was not possible to participate to the IRC. I was assisting to
http://associalibre.be and I forget to participate to the IRC.

Next time is it possible to decide the date of the IRC with a survey
(like framadate ?).

Also what have been said ?  (at OSGeo-Fr the log of the IRC is putted on
the wiki like http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Reunion_2015_01)

Kind regards,

Marc

On 22/04/15 18:03, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> if skype: (+1) for me
>> my skype adres is dirkfrigne
>>
>> for IRC:
>> If we want to use IRC, should we create our own channel, or use the
>> OSGeo IRC? does anybody know/kan help?
> For irc, i'd suggest using #osgeobe on irc.freenode.net
> This does not need setup (the channel will be created when the first
> person connects). It is possible to connect using a browser at:
> https://webchat.freenode.net/
>
> Disadvantage: chat only (no voice)
>
> I'm also ok using skype but let me know in advance as I'll have to install it.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Johan

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres
http://www.champs-libres.coop
+32 494 91 52 47

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

dirkf
Marc,

Thank you for letting us know.

Johan will put a report on the wiki, and also the IRC log.
We can use your suggestion as a naming convention.

We decided during the meeting to ask on the list who wants to be a
volunteer for the event, and who want to take the lead in the FOSS4G BE
organisation, end this year.

Any candidates are welcome to speak up.

To decide on the date, we need to know where the event will take place.
So if there are candidates for the hosting, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Dirk

On 25-04-15 10:37, Marc Ducobu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was not possible to participate to the IRC. I was assisting to
> http://associalibre.be and I forget to participate to the IRC.
>
> Next time is it possible to decide the date of the IRC with a survey
> (like framadate ?).
>
> Also what have been said ?  (at OSGeo-Fr the log of the IRC is putted on
> the wiki like http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Reunion_2015_01)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Marc
>

> On 22/04/15 18:03, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Dirk Frigne
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> if skype: (+1) for me
>>> my skype adres is dirkfrigne
>>>
>>> for IRC:
>>> If we want to use IRC, should we create our own channel, or use the
>>> OSGeo IRC? does anybody know/kan help?
>> For irc, i'd suggest using #osgeobe on irc.freenode.net
>> This does not need setup (the channel will be created when the first
>> person connects). It is possible to connect using a browser at:
>> https://webchat.freenode.net/
>>
>> Disadvantage: chat only (no voice)
>>
>> I'm also ok using skype but let me know in advance as I'll have to
>> install it.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Johan

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Marc Ducobu-2

Thanks a lot.

I will respond positive for being volunteer for the event and also if I can be helpful for the lead, I will be happy to take part of the lead.

What about the buildings of Brussel Environnement for hosting the FOSS4G BE, as suggested by Gaël ?

Kind regards,

Marc

[hidden email] wrote:

[...]

Maelle Vercauteren
Hello,

Sorry for my late answer but I just came back on Monday with full of mails wainting.

Great Marc, if you will take part on the lead.

This year, I 'll also responsd positive for being volunteer to help during the event but not to be part of the lead. Indeed, the period in which we foresee the event is during the courses for the training. So I will be too busy with classes and logistics to ensure.

Kind regards,

Maë//e

[hidden email] wrote:

[...]

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

dirkf
I also volunteer to help during the event, and I can take part on the
lead to.

Dirk

On 29-04-15 10:01, Maelle Vercauteren wrote:

> [...]
>>>     (like framadate ?).
>>>
>>>     Also what have been said ?  (at OSGeo-Fr the log of the IRC is putted on
>>>     the wiki like http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Reunion_2015_01)
>>>
>>>     Kind regards,
>>>
>>>     Marc

>     --
>     Marc Ducobu
>     Champs Libres
>     http://www.champs-libres.coop
>     +32 494 91 52 47 <tel:%2B32%20494%2091%2052%2047>
>
>     Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
>     Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
>     BE0541.427.670

> Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
> Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES
>
> Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

> Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
> B-1050 Bruxelles
> Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Tommy Oozeer
Hello everyone,

I can also help to organize the event but I won't have time to take the lead...

Tommy

> [...]

>>>     (like framadate ?).
>>>
>>>     Also what have been said ?  (at OSGeo-Fr the log of the IRC is putted on
>>>     the wiki like http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Reunion_2015_01)
>>>
>>>     Kind regards,
>>>
>>>     Marc

>     --
>     Marc Ducobu
>     Champs Libres
>     http://www.champs-libres.coop
>     +32 494 91 52 47 <tel:%2B32%20494%2091%2052%2047>
>
>     Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
>     Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
>     BE0541.427.670

> Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
> Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES
>
> Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

> Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
> B-1050 Bruxelles
> Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143

Moritz Lennert
On 29/04/15 12:44, Tommy Oozeer wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I can also help to organize the event but I won't have time to take the lead...

Same here.

So, Dirk and Marc for the lead, the rest of us for support ?

Moritz

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Marc Ducobu-2
Hello everyone,

My english is very poor and when I said "take part of the lead", I
wanted to say  "supporting very actively", and I wasn't for me "leading
OSGeo-be in duo Dirk" and it is not a good idea :
- I don't have a lot of time and I'm involved in a lot of other projects
(it takes me a week to respond to this email :/ )
- I'm very young in the OSGeo community and I'm not good in lobbying

But I would be very happy to support actively OSGeo-be :
- creating and managing a bank account (triodos is very simple to use)
(if needed)
- organising events for devs during evening
- take part of meetings (IRC / Skype / Bxl Env)
- helping organising OSGeo-be

But doing more is not possible for me. Sorry.

Regards,

Marc

On 30/04/15 16:33, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On 29/04/15 12:44, Tommy Oozeer wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I can also help to organize the event but I won't have time to take
>> the lead...
>
> Same here.
>
> So, Dirk and Marc for the lead, the rest of us for support ?
>
> Moritz

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres
http://www.champs-libres.coop
+32 494 91 52 47

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

dirkf
Marc,

Thank you for your answer.
With taking the lead, I think we mean, someone who is guarding the
overview of the project. Taking the responsibility that all commitments
are taken place, and if not, try to look for alternatives in a way the
event can take place in the best conditions for all the participants.

I think everybody, who want to actively participate in organisations
like OSGeo (or OSGeo-be, fr, nl, etc ...) is very busy, so that is why
we need as many volunteers as possible.

If everybody agree, I will volunteer for this role. Rita (in cc) can
help me with this task.

I want to help also there where I can, but I believe that there is
already a great team of volunteers willing to help to make our first
Foss4G belgium a succes.

Many hands make less work for everybody is a (free) translation of a
Dutch saying.

Dirk

On 05-05-15 23:27, Marc Ducobu wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My english is very poor and when I said "take part of the lead", I
> wanted to say  "supporting very actively", and I wasn't for me "leading
> OSGeo-be in duo Dirk" and it is not a good idea :
> - I don't have a lot of time and I'm involved in a lot of other projects
> (it takes me a week to respond to this email :/ )
> - I'm very young in the OSGeo community and I'm not good in lobbying
>
> But I would be very happy to support actively OSGeo-be :
> - creating and managing a bank account (triodos is very simple to use)
> (if needed)
> - organising events for devs during evening
> - take part of meetings (IRC / Skype / Bxl Env)
> - helping organising OSGeo-be
>
> But doing more is not possible for me. Sorry.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
>
> On 30/04/15 16:33, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> On 29/04/15 12:44, Tommy Oozeer wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I can also help to organize the event but I won't have time to take
>>> the lead...
>>
>> Same here.
>>
>> So, Dirk and Marc for the lead, the rest of us for support ?
>>
>> Moritz

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

KRUWIALIS Gael
Hi all,

Just one information about the possibility to use our place . I've book "the toaster" for our first date, 27 october .
Administration is complicate, I 've the place but not the full agreement, so let me one week more please.
About the lead or my contribution, of course I'll take part as needed, based on my skills, you can trust me.

@+
Gael

With taking the lead, I think we mean, someone who is guarding the overview of the project. Taking the responsibility that all commitments are taken place, and if not, try to look for alternatives in a way the event can take place in the best conditions for all the participants.

I think everybody, who want to actively participate in organisations like OSGeo (or OSGeo-be, fr, nl, etc ...) is very busy, so that is why we need as many volunteers as possible.

If everybody agree, I will volunteer for this role. Rita (in cc) can help me with this task.

I want to help also there where I can, but I believe that there is already a great team of volunteers willing to help to make our first Foss4G belgium a succes.

Many hands make less work for everybody is a (free) translation of a Dutch saying.

Dirk

On 05-05-15 23:27, Marc Ducobu wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My english is very poor and when I said "take part of the lead", I
> wanted to say  "supporting very actively", and I wasn't for me
> "leading OSGeo-be in duo Dirk" and it is not a good idea :
> - I don't have a lot of time and I'm involved in a lot of other
> projects (it takes me a week to respond to this email :/ )
> - I'm very young in the OSGeo community and I'm not good in lobbying
>
> But I would be very happy to support actively OSGeo-be :
> - creating and managing a bank account (triodos is very simple to use)
> (if needed)
> - organising events for devs during evening
> - take part of meetings (IRC / Skype / Bxl Env)
> - helping organising OSGeo-be
>
> But doing more is not possible for me. Sorry.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
>
> On 30/04/15 16:33, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> On 29/04/15 12:44, Tommy Oozeer wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I can also help to organize the event but I won't have time to take
>>> the lead...
>>
>> Same here.
>>
>> So, Dirk and Marc for the lead, the rest of us for support ?
>>
>> Moritz

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Johan Van de Wauw
Great news!

Maybe we should plan a meeting in the second half of may?

Johan

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:27 PM, KRUWIALIS Gael
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just one information about the possibility to use our place . I've book "the toaster" for our first date, 27 october .
> Administration is complicate, I 've the place but not the full agreement, so let me one week more please.
> About the lead or my contribution, of course I'll take part as needed, based on my skills, you can trust me.
>
> @+
> Gael

Ok for me. Do I create a poll ?

On 07/05/15 10:28, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:

> Great news!
>
> Maybe we should plan a meeting in the second half of may?
>
> Johan
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:27 PM, KRUWIALIS Gael
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just one information about the possibility to use our place . I've book "the toaster" for our first date, 27 october .
>> Administration is complicate, I 've the place but not the full agreement, so let me one week more please.
>> About the lead or my contribution, of course I'll take part as needed, based on my skills, you can trust me.
>>
>> @+
>> Gael

+1 to create a poll.
Best is if we have certainty of the date and the place.
Gael should have more info this week.

D.

>>> http://www.geosparc.com

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Re: Next meeting Friday 24/4 16:00

Moritz Lennert
On 11/05/15 09:16, Marc Ducobu wrote:
> Ok for me. Do I create a poll ?

Yes.

Moritz

> On 07/05/15 10:28, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>> Great news!
>>
>> Maybe we should plan a meeting in the second half of may?
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:27 PM, KRUWIALIS Gael
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just one information about the possibility to use our place . I've book "the toaster" for our first date, 27 october .
>>> Administration is complicate, I 've the place but not the full agreement, so let me one week more please.
>>> About the lead or my contribution, of course I'll take part as needed, based on my skills, you can trust me.
>>>
>>> @+
>>> Gael

here is the pool : https://framadate.org/ag54zo23heex224v

marc

On 11/05/15 09:55, Dirk Frigne wrote:

> +1 to create a poll.
> Best is if we have certainty of the date and the place.
> Gael should have more info this week.
>
> D.
>
> On 11-05-15 09:16, Marc Ducobu wrote:
>> Ok for me. Do I create a poll ?
>>
>> On 07/05/15 10:28, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
>>> Great news!
>>>
>>> Maybe we should plan a meeting in the second half of may?
>>>
>>> Johan

Sorry I'm on hollydays until June 15th, 2015, so I won't be able to attend the meeting.
Thanks for your understanding,
Maë//e

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2060%2018" value="+3292366018" target="_blank">+32 9 236 60 18
GSM: <a href="tel:%2B32%20495%20508%20799" value="+32495508799" target="_blank">+32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres