Next OSGeo Ireland meeting.

daniel mcinerney-2
Hi,

I hope that this finds you all well. Just to let you know Mel and his colleagues at OpenApp are planning to host the next OSGeo Ireland meeting/webinar on the evening of Thursday the 4th of February. More details to follow.

best regards,
Daniel.

Re: Next OSGeo Ireland meeting.

Seth G
Hi all,

Looking forward to the talk.

In other OSGeo news, the Marine Institute recently released their new Marine Atlas - http://atlas.marine.ie/
The front-end is written using Leaflet and Angular, and the back-end uses MapServer as a cascading WMS server, pulling data from various ArcGIS Servers. Python is used to automate this, mainly using OWSLib - https://geopython.github.io/OWSLib/
Compass Informatics wrote the initial system and then the MI expanded the UI and design and configured the datasets.

I'll be at the OSGeo 2016 Code Sprint in Paris, so if anyone else is going get in touch if you want to meet up. Compass is also sponsoring the event.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016

Regards,

Seth

On 26/01/2016 12:30, Daniel McInerney wrote:
Hi,

I hope that this finds you all well. Just to let you know Mel and his colleagues at OpenApp are planning to host the next OSGeo Ireland meeting/webinar on the evening of Thursday the 4th of February. More details to follow.

best regards,
Daniel.

Re: Next OSGeo Ireland meeting.

daniel mcinerney-2
Hi All,

As mentioned in my last email, our next meeting will be hosted by OpenApp on *Thursday, 4th Feb. from 17.30 till 18.30 pm*. Keith (in cc) will be managing the video conference using Google Hangouts; if you plan to attend the meeting, please send him your email address so that he will be able to add you to the conference.

Below is a brief agenda for the meeting:
* minutes from last meeting (all)
* sign-off/agreement on Irish LOC mission statement [1] (all)
* OpenApp presentations (Keith & colleague)
* AOB

Thanks again to OpenApp for hosting this meeting and looking forward to chatting to you on Thursday.

Best regards,
Daniel

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Daniel McInerney <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I hope that this finds you all well. Just to let you know Mel and his colleagues at OpenApp are planning to host the next OSGeo Ireland meeting/webinar on the evening of Thursday the 4th of February. More details to follow.

best regards,
Daniel.

Re: Next OSGeo Ireland meeting.

daniel mcinerney-2
Hi All,

Peter just informed me that Keith's email was missing from my last message - please send him your email address if you plan to join the meeting on Thursday:

Keith OMuiri <[hidden email]>

Regards,
Daniel.