Newsletter Vol.3, no.04, - April 2017

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA

​​Thanks to Nikos and all editors for another excellent edition and updates of our newsletter at  http://www.geoforall.org/resources/newsletters/vol_3_4/Newsletter%20Vol%203_4.html

It is my great pleasure, to introduce our colleagues at Faculty of Civil Engineering, Department of Geomatics, Czech Technical University (CTU) in Prague, Czech Republic as our “GeoForAll” lab of the month. CTU is one of the founding labs as part of the worldwide network of OSGeo research and education laboratories following the motto Geo for All. Details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2017/04/geoforall-lab-of-the-month-czech-technical-university-in-prague-czech-republic/

Congrats to  Michael P. Finn who is our  GeoAmbassador. Michael P. Finn is a Research Cartographer in the U. S. Geological Survey’s Center of Excellence for Geospatial Information Science. .Mike is currently serving as Vice-Chair of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies for the 2015 – 2019 term. Mike serves or has served on the Boards of Directors of the Cartography and Geographic Information Society (CaGIS), the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), and the Cyberinfrastructure Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers (AAG). He has also served as the Director of the GIS Division for ASPRS. Mike is currently serving as President of CaGIS after serving as President-Elect in 2015 and Vice President in 2014. In addition, Mike is a member of the Editorial Board for the journal Cartography and Geographic Information Science.Details at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2017/04/geoambassador-michael-p-finn-u-s-geological-survey/

Best wishes,

Suchith