New features in QWC2

flavieblard

Hi,

We are 2 GIS' French students and are in training.

  • Flavie Blard
  • Benoît Blanc

During this months our goal is to improve QWC2 to answer users’ needed.

We have identified different features on which we would like to work on. But first, we would like to know if somebody already works on it or think about it. Here are some ideas:

  • Show the attribute table of a layer
  • Others formats to export data: KML, GEOJSON, … others ideas?
  • Import layers from other projects to a map instead of loading all the layers of it
  • Add a free hand-drawing feature to the drawing tool

Those are our propositions for which we are going to open feature requests and then work on draft implementation. If you have any opinion on the prioritary missing features, we would be happy to merge our efforts.

Best regards,

Flavie and Benoît

Re: New features in QWC2

Immo Blecher-2

Hi,

Those features would be great!!! I have added a few notes (in green) in your feature list below which you may consider.

Regards

Immo

On 2020/04/09 16:02, Flavie Blard wrote:

Hi,

We are 2 GIS' French students and are in training.

  • Flavie Blard
  • Benoît Blanc

During this months our goal is to improve QWC2 to answer users’ needed.

We have identified different features on which we would like to work on. But first, we would like to know if somebody already works on it or think about it. Here are some ideas:

  • Show the attribute table of a layer - maybe with a small filter (SQL) tool and also export of the data
  • Others formats to export data: KML, GEOJSON, … others ideas? Geopackage?
  • Import layers from other projects to a map instead of loading all the layers of it
  • Add a free hand-drawing feature to the drawing tool
  • Maybe printing to printer and not only PDF?

Those are our propositions for which we are going to open feature requests and then work on draft implementation. If you have any opinion on the prioritary missing features, we would be happy to merge our efforts.

Best regards,

Flavie and Benoît

Immo F. Blecher
Street:
50 Lynedoch Eco Village, Lynedoch, Stellenbosch, 7603, South Africa
Postal: PO Box 74, Lynedoch, 7603, South Africa
Cell: +27 83 272 6791 | Office: +27 81 359 3704 | Fax: +27 86 736 3302
Email: [hidden email] | [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Internet: https://www.blecher.co.za/

Also contact me on: immoblecher

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Re: New features in QWC2

Andreas Neumann-4

Thanks for letting us know about your ideas and plans.

I'd be very interested on the "Import layers from other projects to a map instead of loading all the layers of it". Do you already have more ideas how to approach this?

I would also be interested in the "attribute table of the layer" feature.

Thanks and good luck with your project!

Andreas

Am 09.04.20 um 16:02 schrieb Flavie Blard:

[...]

Sandro Mani

Hi

Thanks for sharing your plans, regarding

> Import layers from other projects to a map instead of loading all the layers of it

We currently have a client-side search provider in development which searches through all layers in the themes.json and allows you to add the single layers to the current map, similarly to adding an external layer. This should end up being generic enough to upstream in the qwc2-demo-app. Would this be the same as what you have in mind?

Best
Sandro

On 09.04.20 16:02, Flavie Blard wrote:

[...]

benoitblanc

Hello,

We didn’t start working on all the subjects we mentionned but we may answer to some of your comments :

  • Show the attribute table of a layer - maybe with a small filter (SQL) tool and also export of the data

  • Others formats to export data: KML, GEOJSON, … others ideas? Geopackage?

Regarding the attribute tables, we also thought about a filter tool to search through the table and an export of the entire data or selected data (with several formats).

> Import layers from other projects to a map instead of loading all the layers of it

We currently have a client-side search provider in development which searches through all layers in the themes.json and allows you to add the single layers to the current map, similarly to adding an external layer. This should end up being generic enough to upstream in the qwc2-demo-app. Would this be the same as what you have in mind?

Do you already have more ideas how to approach this?

It seems to be a similar idea that we have but we thought about a tool in the Themes Switcher. Our idea was that user could add layers in the Themes Switcher where he chooses either to add complete theme or add some layers of this theme (with a list). Maybe we could have these 2 ideas in the app ?

Regards

Benoît and Flavie

pEpkey.asc (1K) Download Attachment