New QuickPlot Parameters

GordonL
Hi All,
I have noticed some new QuickPlot parameters like ScaleListEntry and PaperListEntry.

How do you populate them, meaning what format?

i.e Should the scalelistentry look like: "1:5000"/5000 or 'Five Thou':5000 or "Five Thou"::1:5000

I am not sure what its expecting in terms of value pairs...

thanks
gordon

Re: New QuickPlot Parameters

Jackie Ng
You can see some examples in the comments of QuickPlot.js (sorry, there wasn't an intuitive way to document this in the widgetinfo.xml that I could think of)

For custom sizes, put a series of PaperListEntry elements like so.

        <PaperListEntry>
          <Name>Letter</Name>
          <Value>279.4,215.9</Value>
        </PaperListEntry>
        <PaperListEntry>
          <Name>A4</Name>
          <Value>297.0,210.0</Value>
        </PaperListEntry>

For custom scales, put a series of ScaleListEntry elements like so.

        <ScaleListEntry>
          <Name>1:2500</Name>
          <Value>2500</Value>
        </ScaleListEntry>
        <ScaleListEntry>
          <Name>1:5000</Name>
          <Value>5000</Value>
        </ScaleListEntry>

The elements must be defined consecutively

- Jackie

Re: New QuickPlot Parameters

GordonL
Thanks Jackie, exactly what I was looking for!
These are really nice improvement to the quick plot.

Re: New QuickPlot Parameters

northtron
Yes thank you, 1:5000 as the Max scale is way too close for anything useful.

I don't understand how common scale ranges like 1:12000 and 1:24000 wouldn't have made the default list (even in map server 2012).

Oh well at least we can customize it!

- sent via mobile iOS5

On 2012-05-08, at 11:02 PM, GordonL <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jackie, exactly what I was looking for!
> These are really nice improvement to the quick plot.

Re: New QuickPlot Parameters

Znarf1965
Jackie Ng wrote
[...]

Is anything new to be downloaded or is it inlcuded in the current 2.4 installation?
I've looked to AjaxViewer's QuickPlot.js, but I did find what you mentioned :-(
I'm still on beta 2.4 test.

Re: New QuickPlot Parameters

Jackie Ng
Those XML fragments you put in the Extension element for your QuickPlot widget entry in your Flexible Layout. If none are specified, default lists are created.

- Jackie