New Mirror Hosting

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Mirror Hosting

Nicola
Dear GRASS Team, I'm Nicola from Jaleco.com and I'd like to setup a Mirror of yours in Washington D.C.. I tried to rsync from grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl::grass as suggested in the page https://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors/, with no luck (I didn't receive any response). I fear that we're not enabled to rsync from there.

So, hereby we ask if you are interested in such mirror and, if yes, the instructions on how to proceed.

Waiting yours, kind regards



Nicola

_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Mirror Hosting

Markus Neteler
Dear Nicola,

thanks for your interest in mirroring the GRASS GIS Web site.

At the moment the rsync mirror appears to be broken.
We are planning to redo the entire web site system in the next month
or so. Then it will be again possible to run rsync.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

best regards
Markus

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 3:32 AM Nicola <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Dear GRASS Team, I'm Nicola from Jaleco.com and I'd like to setup a Mirror of yours in Washington D.C.. I tried to rsync from grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl::grass as suggested in the page https://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors/, with no luck (I didn't receive any response). I fear that we're not enabled to rsync from there.
>
> So, hereby we ask if you are interested in such mirror and, if yes, the instructions on how to proceed.
>
> Waiting yours, kind regards
>
>
>
> Nicola
> _______________________________________________
> grass-web mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web



--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Mirror Hosting

Markus Neteler
Dear Nicola,

It has been a while but finally we are setting up the new rsync
option. To follow the process, see

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2454

Best regards,

Markus

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 12:06 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Dear Nicola,
>
> thanks for your interest in mirroring the GRASS GIS Web site.
>
> At the moment the rsync mirror appears to be broken.
> We are planning to redo the entire web site system in the next month
> or so. Then it will be again possible to run rsync.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
>
> best regards
> Markus
>
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 3:32 AM Nicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear GRASS Team, I'm Nicola from Jaleco.com and I'd like to setup a Mirror of yours in Washington D.C.. I tried to rsync from grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl::grass as suggested in the page https://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors/, with no luck (I didn't receive any response). I fear that we're not enabled to rsync from there.
> >
> > So, hereby we ask if you are interested in such mirror and, if yes, the instructions on how to proceed.
> >
> > Waiting yours, kind regards
> >
> >
> >
> > Nicola
> > _______________________________________________
> > grass-web mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
>
>
>
> --
> Markus Neteler, PhD
> http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
> http://grass.osgeo.org
> http://courses.neteler.org/blog



--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Mirror Hosting

Nicola
Dear Markus, thank you for the update on the situation.

I've been able to rsync with the command "rsync -az --port=50026 staging.grass.osgeo.org::grass-website grass-website" cited in https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2454.

I've then set up a mirror of the website on https://grass.mirror.download.it/

Please check if the setup is ok and let me know if I need to do something on my side. Thank you

Kind regards,



Nicola

Il giorno mer 6 mag 2020 alle ore 18:47 Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Dear Nicola,

It has been a while but finally we are setting up the new rsync
option. To follow the process, see

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2454

Best regards,

Markus

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 12:06 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Nicola,
>
> thanks for your interest in mirroring the GRASS GIS Web site.
>
> At the moment the rsync mirror appears to be broken.
> We are planning to redo the entire web site system in the next month
> or so. Then it will be again possible to run rsync.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
>
> best regards
> Markus
>
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 3:32 AM Nicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear GRASS Team, I'm Nicola from Jaleco.com and I'd like to setup a Mirror of yours in Washington D.C.. I tried to rsync from grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl::grass as suggested in the page https://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors/, with no luck (I didn't receive any response). I fear that we're not enabled to rsync from there.
> >
> > So, hereby we ask if you are interested in such mirror and, if yes, the instructions on how to proceed.
> >
> > Waiting yours, kind regards
> >
> >
> >
> > Nicola
> > _______________________________________________
> > grass-web mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
>
>
>
> --
> Markus Neteler, PhD
> http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
> http://grass.osgeo.org
> http://courses.neteler.org/blog



--
Markus Neteler, PhD
https://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
https://grass.osgeo.org
https://courses.neteler.org/blog

_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Mirror Hosting

Markus Neteler
Dear Nicola,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 12:22 PM Nicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Markus, thank you for the update on the situation.
>
> I've been able to rsync with the command "rsync -az --port=50026 staging.grass.osgeo.org::grass-website grass-website" cited in https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2454.
>
> I've then set up a mirror of the website on https://grass.mirror.download.it/

Excellent!

> Please check if the setup is ok and let me know if I need to do something on my side. Thank you

I have quickly checked and all seems to be present.
Thanks for mirroring us!

Best regards,
Markus

PS: we might want to put a list of mirror sites on the new server.
_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Mirror Hosting

Nicola
Hello, I'm glad that it's all set up properly.

I noticed that the page https://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors/ still doesn't list our mirror: is that the page in which it will be listed?

Thank you, regards

Il giorno sab 13 giu 2020 alle ore 12:26 Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Dear Nicola,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 12:22 PM Nicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Markus, thank you for the update on the situation.
>
> I've been able to rsync with the command "rsync -az --port=50026 staging.grass.osgeo.org::grass-website grass-website" cited in https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2454.
>
> I've then set up a mirror of the website on https://grass.mirror.download.it/

Excellent!

> Please check if the setup is ok and let me know if I need to do something on my side. Thank you

I have quickly checked and all seems to be present.
Thanks for mirroring us!

Best regards,
Markus

PS: we might want to put a list of mirror sites on the new server.

_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Mirror Hosting

Markus Neteler
Hello Nicola,

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 4:12 PM Nicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, I'm glad that it's all set up properly.
>
> I noticed that the page https://grass.osgeo.org/mirrors/ still doesn't list our mirror: is that the page in which it will be listed?

Right, I have significantly updated this page:
https://grass.mirror.download.it/

and created a ticket for the new website to add a list of mirrors there as well:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/issues/181

Best,
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-web mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-web