New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Markus Neteler
Hi,

for  fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
created a new Google Scholar profile:

GRASS Development Team (a virtual team!)
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ

I have manually scanned some 3k article entires to catch many GRASS
GIS related papers.
The profile requires some more maintenance (help welcome!) and for
sure misses artices (pls tell me).

The "co-authors" on the right side are those who came to mind _and_
have a Google Scholar profile. If you have one and would like to show
up, please let me know.

Enjoy,
Markus

PS: Yes, I got inspired by the virtual "R Development Team" :-)

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Kari Salovaara
Markus You did  it! Thousand thanks.
Best Christmas present I could get.
I just found a solution to one idea!!!

Cheers, Kari

Markus Neteler kirjoitti 9.12.2018 klo 12:24:

> Hi,
>
> for  fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
> created a new Google Scholar profile:
>
> GRASS Development Team (a virtual team!)
> https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ
>
> I have manually scanned some 3k article entires to catch many GRASS
> GIS related papers.
> The profile requires some more maintenance (help welcome!) and for
> sure misses artices (pls tell me).
>
> The "co-authors" on the right side are those who came to mind _and_
> have a Google Scholar profile. If you have one and would like to show
> up, please let me know.
>
> Enjoy,
> Markus
>
> PS: Yes, I got inspired by the virtual "R Development Team" :-)
>

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Ken Mankoff
In reply to this post by Markus Neteler

On 2018-12-09 at 02:24 -0800, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> for fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have created
> a new Google Scholar profile: GRASS Development Team (a virtual team!)
> https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ

Is this papers about GRASS? Or papers that use GRASS? And papers by anyone, or papers by the GRASS dev team?

  -k.
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Ken Mankoff

On 2018-12-09 at 10:24 -0800, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 7:20 PM Ken Mankoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 2018-12-09 at 02:24 -0800, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > for fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
>> > created a new Google Scholar profile: GRASS Development Team (a
>> > virtual team!)
>> > https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ
>>
>> Is this papers about GRASS?
>
> yes
>
>> Or papers that use GRASS?
>
> also yes
>
>> And papers by anyone,
>
> yes
>
>> or papers by the GRASS dev team?
>
> not limited to GRASS dev team since that quite changed in the past 35+
> years.
>
> So: "openly GRASS GIS related" was the idea. Should that be modified?

I'm not involved enough that I think my suggestions should carry weight, but I'll make an observation. The current list is all-inclusive and any of those paper scan be found by searching for "GRASS GIS" on Google Scholar. All this adds is a citation count & h-index. Which is a fine point and may be the point.

A perhaps useful curated subset is papers *about* GRASS (or papers where GRASS is the focus, add-ons, etc). That curated list is probably important enough it is worth being hosted as a page on the GRASS wiki, and not just on Google Scholar.

Anyway, the current focus includes me: non-dev, just user, used it in a paper, so feel free to add DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/tc-11-303-2017

  -k.
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Markus Neteler
On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 10:02 PM Ken Mankoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2018-12-09 at 10:24 -0800, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 7:20 PM Ken Mankoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> On 2018-12-09 at 02:24 -0800, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> > for fun,
                   ^--- that was my starting point...

> >> > to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
> >> > created a new Google Scholar profile: GRASS Development Team (a
> >> > virtual team!)
> >> > https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ
> >>
> >> Is this papers about GRASS?
> >
> > yes
> >
> >> Or papers that use GRASS?
> >
> > also yes
> >
> >> And papers by anyone,
> >
> > yes
> >
> >> or papers by the GRASS dev team?
> >
> > not limited to GRASS dev team since that quite changed in the past 35+
> > years.
> >
> > So: "openly GRASS GIS related" was the idea. Should that be modified?
>
> I'm not involved enough that I think my suggestions should carry weight, but I'll make an observation. The current list is all-inclusive and any of those paper scan be found by searching for "GRASS GIS" on Google Scholar.  All this adds is a citation count & h-index. Which is a fine point and may be the point.

My idea was to generate a collection which is easy to maintain.

I did so over the past years using Zotero but meanwhile exceeded their
free plan:

https://www.zotero.org/groups/683/gis/items/tag/GRASS%20GIS?

... hence I stopped feeding the Zotero list.

> A perhaps useful curated subset is papers *about* GRASS (or papers where GRASS is the focus, add-ons, etc).

I like that suggestion and consider my start yesterday as a start with
the invitation to participate.

> That curated list is probably important enough it is worth being hosted as a page on the GRASS wiki, and not just on Google Scholar.

Some attempts where done in the past, e.g.
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Citation_Repository#Helpful_tools_and_GRASS_related_bibliographic_searches

but eventually it is a rather painful job to manually edit a wiki page
with citations.

> Anyway, the current focus includes me: non-dev, just user, used it in a paper, so feel free to add DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/tc-11-303-2017

Great, will add that right now.

Markus

PS: remember the call for help
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Laurent C.
In reply to this post by Markus Neteler
Hi Markus,

Great, thanks!
Feel free to add those outputs for which I used GRASS:

Laurent

Le dim. 9 déc. 2018 à 10:24, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

for  fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
created a new Google Scholar profile:

GRASS Development Team (a virtual team!)
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ

I have manually scanned some 3k article entires to catch many GRASS
GIS related papers.
The profile requires some more maintenance (help welcome!) and for
sure misses artices (pls tell me).

The "co-authors" on the right side are those who came to mind _and_
have a Google Scholar profile. If you have one and would like to show
up, please let me know.

Enjoy,
Markus

PS: Yes, I got inspired by the virtual "R Development Team" :-)

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Markus Neteler
Hi Laurent,

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:29 PM Laurent C. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> Great, thanks!
> Feel free to add those outputs for which I used GRASS:
> https://doi.org/10.31223/osf.io/vqgx4
> https://doi.org/10.17605/OSF.IO/38W4T
> https://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w10020207

sure, added!

Markus

> Le dim. 9 déc. 2018 à 10:24, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> for  fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
>> created a new Google Scholar profile:
>>
>> GRASS Development Team (a virtual team!)
>> https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Bernardo Santos
Hey there!

Here a few more:
(this one is a package based on GRASS)

(this one uses GRASS for analyses)

Best,
Bernardo

Em quarta-feira, 9 de janeiro de 2019 12:25:42 BRST, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> escreveu:


Hi Laurent,

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 1:29 PM Laurent C. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> Great, thanks!
> Feel free to add those outputs for which I used GRASS:
> https://doi.org/10.31223/osf.io/vqgx4
> https://doi.org/10.17605/OSF.IO/38W4T
> https://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w10020207

sure, added!


Markus

> Le dim. 9 déc. 2018 à 10:24, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> for  fun, to easily track GRASS GIS related publications I have
>> created a new Google Scholar profile:
>>
>> GRASS Development Team (a virtual team!)
>> https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=gJ0ZB0cAAAAJ
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Markus Neteler
On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:56 PM Bernardo Santos
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey there!
>
> Here a few more:
> https://doi.org/10.1111/2041-210X.12750
> (this one is a package based on GRASS)
>
> https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2018.05.023
> (this one uses GRASS for analyses)
>
Thanks, Bernardo!

Both added to the scholar profile.

Best,
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Massi Alvioli
Hi Markus,

these are a few other papers describing software running under GRASS,
namely r.slopeunits, r.slope.stability and r.survey.
I tried to check and it seems that they are not included, I hope I am
not mistaking:)

https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-9-3975-2016
https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-7-2969-2014
https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-18-2455-2018



M

Il giorno sab 12 gen 2019 alle ore 20:44 Markus Neteler
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 4:56 PM Bernardo Santos
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hey there!
> >
> > Here a few more:
> > https://doi.org/10.1111/2041-210X.12750
> > (this one is a package based on GRASS)
> >
> > https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2018.05.023
> > (this one uses GRASS for analyses)
> >
> Thanks, Bernardo!
>
> Both added to the scholar profile.
>
> Best,
> Markus
> _______________________________________________
> grass-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Markus Neteler
Hi Massi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 9:26 AM Massi Alvioli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Markus,
>
> these are a few other papers describing software running under GRASS,
> namely r.slopeunits, r.slope.stability and r.survey.
> I tried to check and it seems that they are not included, I hope I am
> not mistaking:)
>
> https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-9-3975-2016
> https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-7-2969-2014
> https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-18-2455-2018

... added with pleasure (also you as co-author),

best,
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Google Scholar profile: "GRASS Development Team"

Tomas_IV

Hello Marcus,

I can offer these two articles:

[1]
K. A. B. Danquah and T. Brunclik, “Band ratio model for remotely estimating water quality parameters in small inland water bodies based on Landsat ETM+ data,” Scientific Papers of the University of Pardubice, Series A, vol. 24, pp. 167–185, 2018.
https://hdl.handle.net/10195/71958
[2]
T. Brunclík and K. a. B. Danquah, “Relativní radiometrická normalizace pro monitoring chlorofylu-a ve vodách pomocí družice Sentinel-2,” Chemické listy, vol. 112, no. 12, pp. 866–869, Dec. 2018.
http://www.chemicke-listy.cz/ojs3/index.php/chemicke-listy/article/view/3244

These are just using GRASS GIS as a tool for the modeling, the second also for aditional relative radiometric normalization of satellite data for the purpose of water quality modeling. The second article is in Czech. The radiometric normalization mentioned in the second article is also implemented as Python script for GRASS, but article in English focusing on this script principles is still in preparation. Both articles are open access, available through the links.

I also have question about the Scholar Profile. Is the list in the profile searchable, or is it possible to export the list somehow? I do not see such controls on the profile page, but for the list of thousands of articles to be of use for someone searching specific GRASS related information it is necessary. I have my personal profile and as owner of this profile I can do at least export, but it seems it is not possible in profile of someone else. Or do you plan to publish some export elsewhere?

Regards,
Tomas B.

Dne 19. 01. 19 v 21:03 Markus Neteler napsal(a):
Hi Massi,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 9:26 AM Massi Alvioli [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Markus,

these are a few other papers describing software running under GRASS,
namely r.slopeunits, r.slope.stability and r.survey.
I tried to check and it seems that they are not included, I hope I am
not mistaking:)

https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-9-3975-2016
https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-7-2969-2014
https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-18-2455-2018
... added with pleasure (also you as co-author),

best,
Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user

_______________________________________________
grass-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-user