New 2.6.x PyPi Versions

Jeremiah Cooper
Hey all,

What's the process for a new version to be released on PyPi?  There's a fix that was put in a few days ago, https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pull/3241/files, that we need at MapStory but it hasn't been released in an official version yet.

We can work around it by specifying our version of shapely in our own requirements, and in the django-osgeo-importer requirements as well if need be, but just curious what the process is for PyPi releases.  How often do they go out?  Who usually does them?  Is the process documented?  Or should we be pinning to a specific commit on Github rather than PyPi releases?

Thanks.

Jeremiah Cooper

Re: New 2.6.x PyPi Versions

Simo D
Hi Jeremiah,

I'm going to release the 2.6.3 in a few. Within a couple of hours should be ready both in pypi and launchpad.
Usually we do minor release where there are important commits like that one or when someone needs a small fix. Doing a minor release is very easy and fast for us.

Regards

Hey all,

What's the process for a new version to be released on PyPi?  There's a fix that was put in a few days ago, https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pull/3241/files, that we need at MapStory but it hasn't been released in an official version yet.

We can work around it by specifying our version of shapely in our own requirements, and in the django-osgeo-importer requirements as well if need be, but just curious what the process is for PyPi releases.  How often do they go out?  Who usually does them?  Is the process documented?  Or should we be pinning to a specific commit on Github rather than PyPi releases?

Thanks.

Jeremiah Cooper

Simone