Nested splitter in fusion

Rodolfo Moreno

Hi all, the last week I wrote in mapguide forum about this (no body has
answered).
I hope that somebody has a solution or workaround about it.

Here is the message that I sent:
---------------------------------------
I am making a new flexible layout (as of the slate template)

My first altenative is using nested splitters (for me is the better):
splitter1 (horizontal): map , sidebar
splitter2 (vertical): splitter1, taskpane

I was tried with no success.
Is it possible? if the answer is NO then My second alternative is:
splitter1 (horizontal): map , sidebar
and in the bottom Taskpane

I got it the second alternative, but with an issue.
The layout is OK on the first time that the layout is loaded, but if the
user changes the size of the window(browser), then all the widgets are
changed of size automatically except the taskpane on the bottom. finally the
taskpane on the bottom overlays to the map or disappears.
How could I fix this issue?

I found this link posted by PAUL SPENCER:
http://mapmobility.dmsolutions.ca/jx/docs/NaturalDocs/files/splitter/jxsplitter-js.html
but there are no samples.

Re: Nested splitter in fusion

Paul Spencer-2
Rodolfo,

(you need to subscribe to the list to be able to post)

You can nest splitters:

var s1 = new Jx.Splitter('myDiv', {splitInto:2});

var s2 = new Jx.Splitter(s1.elements[1], {splitInto:
2,layout:'vertical'});

this probably isn't what you want exactly, but it gives you the syntax
to create a second splitter inside on of the areas of the first
splitter.

Cheers

Paul

On 27-Aug-08, at 4:53 PM, Rodolfo Moreno wrote:

> Hi all, the last week I wrote in mapguide forum about this (no body
> has
> answered).
> I hope that somebody has a solution or workaround about it.
>
> Here is the message that I sent:
> ---------------------------------------
> I am making a new flexible layout (as of the slate template)
>
> My first altenative is using nested splitters (for me is the better):
> splitter1 (horizontal): map , sidebar
> splitter2 (vertical): splitter1, taskpane
>
> I was tried with no success.
> Is it possible? if the answer is NO then My second alternative is:
> splitter1 (horizontal): map , sidebar
> and in the bottom Taskpane
>
> I got it the second alternative, but with an issue.
> The layout is OK on the first time that the layout is loaded, but if
> the
> user changes the size of the window(browser), then all the widgets are
> changed of size automatically except the taskpane on the bottom.
> finally the
> taskpane on the bottom overlays to the map or disappears.
> How could I fix this issue?
>
> I found this link posted by PAUL SPENCER:
> http://mapmobility.dmsolutions.ca/jx/docs/NaturalDocs/files/splitter/jxsplitter-js.html
> but there are no samples.

Re: Nested splitter in fusion

Rodolfo Moreno

Thanks indeed Paul,
Finally I could make the nested splitters.

sorry about my suscription, I forgot to do it, but I already have get
suscribe me today.

Paul Spencer-2 wrote:

> Rodolfo,
>
> (you need to subscribe to the list to be able to post)
>
> You can nest splitters:
>
> var s1 = new Jx.Splitter('myDiv', {splitInto:2});
>
> var s2 = new Jx.Splitter(s1.elements[1], {splitInto:
> 2,layout:'vertical'});
>
> this probably isn't what you want exactly, but it gives you the syntax
> to create a second splitter inside on of the areas of the first
> splitter.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> On 27-Aug-08, at 4:53 PM, Rodolfo Moreno wrote:
>

>> Hi all, the last week I wrote in mapguide forum about this (no body
>> has
>> answered).
>> I hope that somebody has a solution or workaround about it.
>>
>> Here is the message that I sent:
>> ---------------------------------------
>> I am making a new flexible layout (as of the slate template)
>>
>> My first altenative is using nested splitters (for me is the better):
>> splitter1 (horizontal): map , sidebar
>> splitter2 (vertical): splitter1, taskpane
>>
>> I was tried with no success.
>> Is it possible? if the answer is NO then My second alternative is:
>> splitter1 (horizontal): map , sidebar
>> and in the bottom Taskpane
>>
>> I got it the second alternative, but with an issue.
>> The layout is OK on the first time that the layout is loaded, but if
>> the
>> user changes the size of the window(browser), then all the widgets are
>> changed of size automatically except the taskpane on the bottom.
>> finally the
>> taskpane on the bottom overlays to the map or disappears.
>> How could I fix this issue?
>>
>> I found this link posted by PAUL SPENCER:
>> http://mapmobility.dmsolutions.ca/jx/docs/NaturalDocs/files/splitter/jxsplitter-js.html
>> but there are no samples.

-----
Rodolfo Moreno