Namespaces and BBox queries

Scott Melby
Hello -

I am using GeoServer 1.2.4 and have the following questions.

1) Is it possible to publish my feature type without a namespace?  i.e.
if the PostGIS table name is XYZ, can queries be made to XYZ, or do they
have to be made to mynamespace:XYZ?

2) The OGC filter implementation specification indicates that the
PropertyName is optional on a BBox filter.  However, I am unable to get
GeoServer to return values for a GetFeature request with a BBox filter
unless I specify the PropertyName.  Is there something I need to
configure in order to indicate the spatial key for my featureType?  The
setup docs indicate that there can only be one geometry column per
featureType, so I was hoping the server would assume that this single
column was the key.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

Re: Namespaces and BBox queries

Scott Melby
Sorry... I intended for this question to go to the users list.  I will
post it there.

Sorry again
Scott