Named bands in SLD?

Tobias Gerdin

Hello,

I have a raster layer containing 40 bands or so. The only way to select which band to show seems to be through a SourceChannelName-tag in a SLD. Using the band number works but Is it not possible to use the name of the band in this expression?

Like so:

<SourceChannelName>my-band></SourceChannelName>

Right now I only get an error back from Geoserver.

Vänliga hälsningar,

Tobias Gerdin

Konsult Havs- och vattenmyndigheten

+46 703 853266

[hidden email]

Dataskyddspolicy
Havs- och vattenmyndigheten behandlar dina personuppgifter i enlighet med dataskyddsförordningen och myndighetens dataskyddspolicy, läs mer på www.havochvatten.se/sa-behandlar-hav-dina-personuppgifter
SwAM processes your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and our Data Protection Policy, see www.havochvatten.se/sa-behandlar-hav-dina-personuppgifter

Re: Named bands in SLD?

geowolf
Hi Tobias,
no, only numeric references work in SLD. Supporting names would be nice, lacks someone to sponsor
its development (it is not trivial as it may interact badly with coverage views band reading optimizations,
which would also have to be updated to allow using names).

Cheers
Andrea