NSG Profile of GeoTIFF

Duncan Chaundy

Hi,

The US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is proposing a profile of GeoTIFF to be used within the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG). The intent is to have some standard format for imagery where a format such as NITF is too cumbersome. I have not been involved in this work, but being aware of it and in the interests of wide community review, I pass on these documents for any review and comment. Thanks to Frank for hosting these documents.

Bear in mind that this profile is meant to be simple. So, for example, for maximal interoperability there are limitations on coordinate systems. Also the profile is only intended for georectified data. If people have comments before August 13, they can be sent to

[hidden email]  and cc to [hidden email].

      http://home.gdal.org/tmp/IP-GeoTIFF_draft05_20080514.doc

      http://home.gdal.org/tmp/IP-GeoTIFF_draft05_20080514.pdf

Duncan

Duncan Chaundy

Manager R&D, GDB

Phone: 819-770-0022 Ext. 207

Fax: 819-770-0098

Email: [hidden email]

Website: http://www.pcigeomatics.com

PCI Geomatics

#1 developer of software and solutions for geospatial imaging applications