NC GIS Conference - Register by Jan. 25 and save

NC GIS Conference - Register by Jan. 25 and save

Jeff Essic
For anyone on this list who may not know, the NC GIS Conference will be in Winston-Salem Feb. 26-Mar. 1 at the downtown and remodeled Benton Convention Center.  It will include a number of presentations and workshops related to FOSS4G.

Some Highlights......

Feb. 26:
(Note: the workshop is not included in the conference registration and fee)

Feb. 27:
GRASS GIS: Getting Started
Vaclav Petras, Corey White, Doug Newcomb

GRASS GIS: What's New
Vaclav Petras, Corey White, Doug Newcomb

Navigating the Geospatial Open Source Software Landscape
Vaclav Petras, Corey White, Randal Hale

OpenDroneMap State of the Art
Stephen Mather

COTS or Open Source: Why Choose Just One? A Hybrid Approach to Custom GIS Applications
Anthony Daniels

Building an Open Source Server
Randal Hale

Feb 28:
New Open Source Tool for Plant Pest and Pathogen Spread Modeling
Vaclav Petras, Chris Jones, Anna Petrasova, Devon Gaydos, Kellyn Montgomery, Ross K. Meentemeyer

Creating Urbanization Scenarios with the FUTURES Model
Vaclav Petras, Anna Petrasova, Ross K. Meentemeyer

Mar. 1:
Geo For All: Blending OER, Open Data and FOSS in GIS Education
David Abernathy

Creating Urbanization Scenarios with the FUTURES Model
Vaclav Petras, Anna Petrasova, Ross K. Meentemeyer

AND MUCH MORE!!!

The early registration fee of $200 for three days increases to $275 after 1/25.

I hope to see you there!  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff Essic
Co-Chair of the Program Committee

Jeff Essic
Data & Visualization Librarian
North Carolina State University
D.H. Hill Library, Data & Visualization Services
Box 7111, Raleigh, NC  27695-7111
(919) 515-5698
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/gis