MySQL definition

George McLean
Is there any documentation on what values should  be in the tables
starting with f_ (appears to be Metadata) in a MySQL database? I am
trying to build a MySQL database from scratch using a working database
as a template but I am still getting generic errors like 'Internal
Error' when trying top access records through the .NET API. My code
works fine against a the database I am using as a template. I have not
been able to find it on the fdo.osgeo.org site.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

George McLean

Re: MySQL definition

Mateusz Loskot
George McLean wrote:
> Is there any documentation on what values should  be in the tables
> starting with f_ (appears to be Metadata) in a MySQL database? I am
> trying to build a MySQL database from scratch using a working database
> as a template but I am still getting generic errors like 'Internal
> Error' when trying top access records through the .NET API. My code
> works fine against a the database I am using as a template. I have not
> been able to find it on the fdo.osgeo.org site.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

George,

Here you can find SQL scripts with definition of FDO metaschema:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/com

You can find there default values for most of properties.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: MySQL definition

George McLean
Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> George McLean wrote:
>
>> Is there any documentation on what values should  be in the tables
>> starting with f_ (appears to be Metadata) in a MySQL database? I am
>> trying to build a MySQL database from scratch using a working database
>> as a template but I am still getting generic errors like 'Internal
>> Error' when trying top access records through the .NET API. My code
>> works fine against a the database I am using as a template. I have not
>> been able to find it on the fdo.osgeo.org site.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>

> George,
>
> Here you can find SQL scripts with definition of FDO metaschema:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/GenericRdbms/com
>
> You can find there default values for most of properties.
>
> Cheers

Mateusz,

Thanks, this looks like it will be helpful in a lot of ways. It turns
out my biggest problem was case sensitivity in column and attribute
names! It is always something simple once you figure it out.

Thanks again,

George