MyGIS without shp2mysql.pl

Samuele Poletto
MyGIS without shp2mysql.pl

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to use mygis layers without having to convert the data with shp2mysql.pl.
That script creates 3 different tables for each layer, and for my application I need to have only 1 table per layer, having a gid and the geometric field...
However, if I try to configure my layer in the map file in this way:
CONNECTION       "host:user:password:dbname:bin:"
CONNECTIONTYPE   mygis
DATA             "the_geom from table53"

where table53 is like this:
gid     bigint(20)
the_geom        blob (stored in WKB format)

mapserver crashes without any error message.

thanks for you help...

thanks for you help...

limit raster values in a layer

Smith, Michael-2
MyGIS without shp2mysql.pl
How can I make it so my layer does not show certain pixel values in my .map file?  I.e. I want to mask out the black pixels (value 0 in 8-bit and 0,0,0 in 24-bit).

***********
Michael Smith
Maine DEP/OIT

Re: limit raster values in a layer

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Hi,

How about trying Special processing directives. like SCALE or LUT?
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data/#special-processing-directives

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Michael Smith
Maine DEP/OIT

Re: limit raster values in a layer

Jeff McKenna-2
I think you need to use the OFFSITE parameter in your raster layer
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna