My last letter as President

delawen
Dear fellow OSGeoers,

I want to congratulate all the recently elected members of the Board,
specially the new ones! I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did
and contribute with your unique view to our organization. I want to
thank all the people that helped me on this two-year journey and I
hope I helped others on this journey too. OSGeo is evolving to be more
inclusive, diverse and bigger than ever and I am proud of you all.

As some of you may know, some months ago I decided to go back into the
barricades and far from public exposure. I think rotating positions
inside a voluntary organization is something very healthy to do and
gives you a unique perspective. That's why I decided to participate on
a proposal for FOSS4G 2021 and not repeat elections again for the
Board.

I hereby resign as President to let one of the current members of the
Board take this position. I have always a strong advocate that this
kind of positions should be taken by Board members, so I want to
explicitly facilitate the transition. Our current vice-presidents
Helena Mitasova and Angelos Tzotsos will fill the space until a new
President is appointed.

I have to say I'm still a bit sad of the geographic, cultural and
ethnic representation on the Board. I am sure we can change this on
the following years. Until then, I am confident current members of the
Board will do a great job representing you all.

See you all in Calgary in 2020!
María, your former OSGeo President.

Re: [Board] My last letter as President

Jachym Cepicky
muchas gracias

Dne st 4. 12. 2019 11:06 uživatel Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> napsal:
Dear Maria,

Thank you for your service and contributions to our organization.
It was an honor and pleasure to work with you.

Looking at the present Board, gender representation has improved a lot,
so we are in a good path.

Best regards,
Angelos

On 12/4/19 9:08 AM, María Arias de Reyna wrote:
> Dear fellow OSGeoers,
>
> I want to congratulate all the recently elected members of the Board,
> specially the new ones! I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did
> and contribute with your unique view to our organization. I want to
> thank all the people that helped me on this two-year journey and I
> hope I helped others on this journey too. OSGeo is evolving to be more
> inclusive, diverse and bigger than ever and I am proud of you all.
>
> As some of you may know, some months ago I decided to go back into the
> barricades and far from public exposure. I think rotating positions
> inside a voluntary organization is something very healthy to do and
> gives you a unique perspective. That's why I decided to participate on
> a proposal for FOSS4G 2021 and not repeat elections again for the
> Board.
>
> I hereby resign as President to let one of the current members of the
> Board take this position. I have always a strong advocate that this
> kind of positions should be taken by Board members, so I want to
> explicitly facilitate the transition. Our current vice-presidents
> Helena Mitasova and Angelos Tzotsos will fill the space until a new
> President is appointed.
>
> I have to say I'm still a bit sad of the geographic, cultural and
> ethnic representation on the Board. I am sure we can change this on
> the following years. Until then, I am confident current members of the
> Board will do a great job representing you all.
>
> See you all in Calgary in 2020!
> María, your former OSGeo President.

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: [Board] My last letter as President OR "no more cats?"

Till Adams-3
Dear Maria,

also from me, many many thanks for your passion, your time and your
energy, that you put into our foundation. You've been a strong
president, that moved our foundation forward!

I am sure, that you won't disappear completely from "public exposure",
maybe at FOSS4G 20201 ...? (which is - of course - not finally decided
yet ...). I really like your idea of rotating positions - we all might
wish sometimes, that persons from politics would think the same way (and
then act in an appropriate way!)...

Now we are excited to see, what the favored animal of the next president
is ;-).

Regards, Till

Am 04.12.19 um 08:08 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:

> Dear fellow OSGeoers,
>
> I want to congratulate all the recently elected members of the Board,
> specially the new ones! I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did
> and contribute with your unique view to our organization. I want to
> thank all the people that helped me on this two-year journey and I
> hope I helped others on this journey too. OSGeo is evolving to be more
> inclusive, diverse and bigger than ever and I am proud of you all.
>
> As some of you may know, some months ago I decided to go back into the
> barricades and far from public exposure. I think rotating positions
> inside a voluntary organization is something very healthy to do and
> gives you a unique perspective. That's why I decided to participate on
> a proposal for FOSS4G 2021 and not repeat elections again for the
> Board.
>
> I hereby resign as President to let one of the current members of the
> Board take this position. I have always a strong advocate that this
> kind of positions should be taken by Board members, so I want to
> explicitly facilitate the transition. Our current vice-presidents
> Helena Mitasova and Angelos Tzotsos will fill the space until a new
> President is appointed.
>
> I have to say I'm still a bit sad of the geographic, cultural and
> ethnic representation on the Board. I am sure we can change this on
> the following years. Until then, I am confident current members of the
> Board will do a great job representing you all.
>
> See you all in Calgary in 2020!
> María, your former OSGeo President.

Re: My last letter as President

Tom Kralidis
María: thank you for your valuable contributions and looking forward to future collaboration. Best of luck!

..Tom

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 4, 2019, at 02:09, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear fellow OSGeoers,
>
> I want to congratulate all the recently elected members of the Board,
> specially the new ones! I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did
> and contribute with your unique view to our organization. I want to
> thank all the people that helped me on this two-year journey and I
> hope I helped others on this journey too. OSGeo is evolving to be more
> inclusive, diverse and bigger than ever and I am proud of you all.
>
> As some of you may know, some months ago I decided to go back into the
> barricades and far from public exposure. I think rotating positions
> inside a voluntary organization is something very healthy to do and
> gives you a unique perspective. That's why I decided to participate on
> a proposal for FOSS4G 2021 and not repeat elections again for the
> Board.
>
> I hereby resign as President to let one of the current members of the
> Board take this position. I have always a strong advocate that this
> kind of positions should be taken by Board members, so I want to
> explicitly facilitate the transition. Our current vice-presidents
> Helena Mitasova and Angelos Tzotsos will fill the space until a new
> President is appointed.
>
> I have to say I'm still a bit sad of the geographic, cultural and
> ethnic representation on the Board. I am sure we can change this on
> the following years. Until then, I am confident current members of the
> Board will do a great job representing you all.
>
> See you all in Calgary in 2020!
> María, your former OSGeo President.

Re: My last letter as President

Vicky Vergara-2
Dear Maria,

I want to thank you for the guidance you gave to OSGeo during
your participation as president of OSGeo in the board of directors

I am glad that your focus after leaving the board is still spreading
throughout the world the free use and development of open source
software that all developers work on for the geospatial community
around the world.

Opening the doors to increase the diversity of our community is making
our world a better place for us, and for the ones that come after us.

Thanks again for everything.

Kind regards
Vicky

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:09 AM María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: My last letter as President

ldesousa
Hi Maria,

thank you for all your dedication these years as board member. You were truly inspiring, and many times made me look at things from an entirely different perspective. There was much to learn from you.

And best wishes for the newly elected board members. There is great talent and dedication in this board. I am sure OSGeo will continue trailing its path to open.

Best.

--
Luís

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:08 AM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear fellow OSGeoers,
>
> I want to congratulate all the recently elected members of the Board,
> specially the new ones! I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did
> and contribute with your unique view to our organization. I want to
> thank all the people that helped me on this two-year journey and I
> hope I helped others on this journey too. OSGeo is evolving to be more
> inclusive, diverse and bigger than ever and I am proud of you all.
>
> As some of you may know, some months ago I decided to go back into the
> barricades and far from public exposure. I think rotating positions
> inside a voluntary organization is something very healthy to do and
> gives you a unique perspective. That's why I decided to participate on
> a proposal for FOSS4G 2021 and not repeat elections again for the
> Board.
>
> I hereby resign as President to let one of the current members of the
> Board take this position. I have always a strong advocate that this
> kind of positions should be taken by Board members, so I want to
> explicitly facilitate the transition. Our current vice-presidents
> Helena Mitasova and Angelos Tzotsos will fill the space until a new
> President is appointed.
>
> I have to say I'm still a bit sad of the geographic, cultural and
> ethnic representation on the Board. I am sure we can change this on
> the following years. Until then, I am confident current members of the
> Board will do a great job representing you all.
>
> See you all in Calgary in 2020!
> María, your former OSGeo President.
>
> Discuss mailing list

R: My last letter as President

Maria Antonia Brovelli
Dear Maria
Thank you for serving OSGeo as a President with your expertize and enthusiasm!
Your dedication needs a big applause from we all.
You have been always present with decision and with the gentle touch of a Lady President.
See you soon somewhere else. With respect and love.
Maria B

Re: [Board] My last letter as President

Michael Smith
Maria,

I would also like to express my thanks for your service as OSGeo President, which is a demanding position. You lead with grace,  style, compassion and wisdom and we are all better for your efforts.

Michael Smith
OSGeo Treasurer