Moving nodes

Amba
Dear QGIS users,

I'm using QGIS 3.6.0 (I tried this with QGIS 3.4.0 too, but it doesn't work), but I can't move the nodes, it's such an easy process, but it doesn't work for me. I followed a lot of advices from internet and froums.  Do you know how could I fix that?!

Best regards,
/Amila

Re: Moving nodes

Bernhard Ströbl
Hi Amila,
1) Make layer editable (click on the "pencil")*
2) use the vertex tool to edit nodes, e.g. move
3) save edits (click on "pencil" again)

see
https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#digitizing-an-existing-layer

* if the pencil is greyed out, you must not edit this layer

Bernhard

Am 02.04.2019 um 09:53 schrieb Amila Bajic:

> Dear QGIS users,
>
> I'm using QGIS 3.6.0 (I tried this with QGIS 3.4.0 too, but it doesn't
> work), but I can't move the nodes, it's such an easy process, but it
> doesn't work for me. I followed a lot of advices from internet and
> froums.  Do you know how could I fix that?!
>
> Best regards,
> /Amila

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19126 (20190402) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Moving nodes

Philip Barlow

Hi Amila,

To move nodes in 3.4 or 3.6 you use the “vertex tool”, you’ll find this on the Digitizing toolbar next to the add new feature button. Select that and you’ll be able to see the nodes in your features, left click on a node once to grab it, move it where you want it and then left click again to place it.

To add new nodes hover the mouse cursor to a line between two nodes and you will see a little “+” appear, simply click that and it adds a new node.

To delete a node left click once on a node and hit the delete key.

Hope that answers your question?

Phil

For further information on the PCNPA please visit our website at www.pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk

Dim ond y personau hynny yr anfonwyd yr e-bost hwn atynt ac unrhyw ffeiliau sydd
ynghlwm ddylid eu darllen, a dim ond hwy ddylid eu defnyddio at y diben y bwriadwyd hwy.
Os nad y chi yw'r person y bwriadwyd eu derbyn a fyddech gystal � dinistrio pob copi a rhoi
gwybod i'r anfonwr gyda throad yr e-bost.

Noder os gwelwch yn dda y gall cynnwys yr e-bost hwn orfod cael ei ddatgelu i'r cyhoedd o
dan Deddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000 ac felly ni ellir gwarantu cyfrinachedd y neges hon
nac unrhyw ateb.

Cliciwch yma i weld Hysbysiad Preifatrwydd APCAP - Cadw eich Gwybodaeth yn Ddiogel

Am ragor o wybodaeth am APCAP ymwelwch �'n gwefan ar www.arfordirpenfro.org.uk

Ystyrier yr amgylchedd cyn argraffu'r e-bost hwn os gwelwch yn dda.

Re: Moving nodes

Bernhard Ströbl
The vertex tool has been redesigned for QGIS3, see [1]
You can lock a feature by right-clicking on it but you can also e.g.
move nodes without locking the feature. Moving nodes is now left click
(attach node to mouse) + left click (drop node at current mouse position)
Bernhard

[1]
https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#vertex-tool

Am 02.04.2019 um 11:12 schrieb Amila Bajic:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to move one node from polygon, e.i I'm trying to modify one
> polygon (you can see the process on the attached image), I worked in
> QGIS before, but I had an older version.
> I can't add new node to the polygon, I can't delete a node, I can't edit
> anything about the nodes of polygons, lines or points. I hope you
> understand what I'm asking.

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:47 AM Bernhard Ströbl
>
>     Hi Amila,
>     please be more specific and describe
>     a) what you do
>     b) what you expect to happen
>     c) what happens instead
>     Bernhard
>
>     Am 02.04.2019 um 10:34 schrieb Amila Bajic:
>      > Hi Bernhard,
>      >
>      > I'm doing like that, but it doesn't work anyway. I've tried with the
>      > right or left or both clicks, but nothing happens.
>      >
>      >
>      >

>      >
>
>      >
>      >
>      > <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>      >
>      > On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:01 AM Bernhard Ströbl
>      > <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>     wrote:
>      >
>      >     Hi Amila,
>      >     1) Make layer editable (click on the "pencil")*
>      >     2) use the vertex tool to edit nodes, e.g. move
>      >     3) save edits (click on "pencil" again)
>      >
>      >     see
>      >
>     https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#digitizing-an-existing-layer
>      >
>      >     * if the pencil is greyed out, you must not edit this layer
>      >
>      >     Bernhard
>      >
>      >     Am 02.04.2019 um 09:53 schrieb Amila Bajic:
>      >      > Dear QGIS users,
>      >      >
>      >      > I'm using QGIS 3.6.0 (I tried this with QGIS 3.4.0 too, but it
>      >     doesn't
>      >      > work), but I can't move the nodes, it's such an easy
>     process, but it
>      >      > doesn't work for me. I followed a lot of advices from
>     internet and
>      >      > froums.  Do you know how could I fix that?!
>      >      >
>      >      > Best regards,
>      >      > /Amila
>      >      >
>      >      >
>      >

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 19127 (20190402) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Moving nodes

fgfletcher
Amila Bajic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ... I can't move the nodes, it's such an easy process, but it
> doesn't work for me. ...

You must
  select the layer
  click on the "pencil" to enable editing (1)
  click on the vertex (node) tool  (1b)
  move the cursor over the polygon edge to see the nodes
  click and release on the desired node (5)
  move the cursor, the node will follow
  click to set the node in the new location

I think you may be missing the enabling edit step
--
Garth Fletcher

1.png (10K) Download Attachment
1b.png (12K) Download Attachment
5.png (7K) Download Attachment
4.png (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Moving nodes

Renato Saboya
Today a student of mine was having the same problem. It turns out that her snapping distance was bigger than the distance to where she wanted to move the point, and so it snapped back to the original position.

Just to add another possibility.

Best,
Renato T. de Saboya
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Arquitetura e Urbanismo (PósArq)
GP Urbanidades | PósArq | Academia.edu | ResearchGate