Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Dear All,

Can someone please take up the editing of OSGeo Website
to move GeoNode into "OSGeo Project" Category on out
Web-Site. It is presently listed as "Incubating Project".
I tried to edit the top page but could not figure out
how I can do this.

Congratulations to GeoNode Team and the news item about
GeoNode graduation is at [1]

Best

Venka

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/node/1740

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

Massimiliano Cannata

Once again...
if anyone that had access to website editing could he/she move "outreach projects" out of the OSGeo project box?

There was already discussion on this and I believed was clear that this is unequal and bring a false message: no graduation has been passed by any of them!

Maxi

Il 10 nov 2016 10:38 PM, "Venkatesh Raghavan" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Dear All,

Can someone please take up the editing of OSGeo Website
to move GeoNode into "OSGeo Project" Category on out
Web-Site. It is presently listed as "Incubating Project".
I tried to edit the top page but could not figure out
how I can do this.

Congratulations to GeoNode Team and the news item about
GeoNode graduation is at [1]

Best

Venka

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/node/1740

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Venka, Maxi,

Ok I've updated the following (this includes my changes done yesterday
and today):

  - fixed JeffJ's name in press release  http://www.osgeo.org/node/1740
  - updated Officers page
http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html
  - updated Incubation Committee page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee
  - updated OSGeo homepage http://www.osgeo.org/

As I had mentioned on the Incubation list, for sure there are other
mentions of GeoNode (possibly in marketing materials which I haven't
checked yet), so if you find any please let me know right away.  Thanks!
  And congrats again to the whole GeoNode team!!!

(I thought osgeo.org was already updated, I remember checking
that...guess I was wrong ha!)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo Foundation

On 2016-11-10 6:05 PM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> Once again...
> if anyone that had access to website editing could he/she move "outreach
> projects" out of the OSGeo project box?
>
> There was already discussion on this and I believed was clear that this
> is unequal and bring a false message: no graduation has been passed by
> any of them!
>
> Maxi
>

> Il 10 nov 2016 10:38 PM, "Venkatesh Raghavan" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> ha scritto:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>     Can someone please take up the editing of OSGeo Website
>     to move GeoNode into "OSGeo Project" Category on out
>     Web-Site. It is presently listed as "Incubating Project".
>     I tried to edit the top page but could not figure out
>     how I can do this.
>
>     Congratulations to GeoNode Team and the news item about
>     GeoNode graduation is at [1]
>
>     Best
>
>     Venka
>
>     [1] http://www.osgeo.org/node/1740

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Jeff and Maxi and all,

Many thanks for the updates.

I think MapBuilder can be move under new caretory
"Retired Project" [1].

Best

Venka

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapBuilder_Report_2008

On 11/11/2016 7:27 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hi Venka, Maxi,
>
> Ok I've updated the following (this includes my changes done yesterday
> and today):
>
>  - fixed JeffJ's name in press release  http://www.osgeo.org/node/1740
>  - updated Officers page
> http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html
>  - updated Incubation Committee page
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee
>  - updated OSGeo homepage http://www.osgeo.org/
>
> As I had mentioned on the Incubation list, for sure there are other
> mentions of GeoNode (possibly in marketing materials which I haven't
> checked yet), so if you find any please let me know right away.  Thanks!
>  And congrats again to the whole GeoNode team!!!
>
> (I thought osgeo.org was already updated, I remember checking
> that...guess I was wrong ha!)
>
> -jeff

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Also, "Education and Curriculum" under "OutReach" Projects
could be named as "GeoForAll".

Sorry for many requests.

Best

Venka

On 11/11/2016 9:31 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Hi Jeff and Maxi and all,
>
> Many thanks for the updates.
>
> I think MapBuilder can be move under new caretory
> "Retired Project" [1].
>
> Best
>
> Venka
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapBuilder_Report_2008
>
> On 11/11/2016 7:27 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Hi Venka, Maxi,
>>
>> Ok I've updated the following (this includes my changes done yesterday
>> and today):
>>
>>  - fixed JeffJ's name in press release  http://www.osgeo.org/node/1740
>>  - updated Officers page
>> http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html
>>  - updated Incubation Committee page
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee
>>  - updated OSGeo homepage http://www.osgeo.org/
>>
>> As I had mentioned on the Incubation list, for sure there are other
>> mentions of GeoNode (possibly in marketing materials which I haven't
>> checked yet), so if you find any please let me know right away.  Thanks!
>>  And congrats again to the whole GeoNode team!!!
>>
>> (I thought osgeo.org was already updated, I remember checking
>> that...guess I was wrong ha!)
>>
>> -jeff

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

jmckenna
Administrator

Hi Venka, all, it would be great for you to put all your requests in a ticket, otherwise they are lost and forgotten ha.  Thanks again!  -jeff

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

jody.garnett
Or joint the website email list :)
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:59 PM Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Venka, all, it would be great for you to put all your requests in a ticket, otherwise they are lost and forgotten ha.  Thanks again!  -jeff

Jody Garnett

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

Venkatesh Raghavan
On 11/11/2016 10:08 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
Or joint the website email list :)
Do you mean the list below;
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/webcom

Venka
wrote:

Hi Venka, all, it would be great for you to put all your requests in a
ticket, otherwise they are lost and forgotten ha.  Thanks again!  -jeff

Re: Moving GeoNode under OSGeo Project Category on Website

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Venka,

Please file a ticket for your website changes at
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/newticket

Thanks.  And have a nice quiet weekend all,

-jeff

On 2016-11-11 5:41 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> On 11/11/2016 10:08 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>> Or joint the website email list :)
> Do you mean the list below;
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/webcom
>
> Venka
>> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:59 PM Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Venka, all, it would be great for you to put all your requests in a
>>> ticket, otherwise they are lost and forgotten ha.  Thanks again!  -jeff

Board meeting on 17 Nov. 2016

Venkatesh Raghavan
Dear All,

I will not be able to attend today's board meeting [1] as
I will be on a flight. I will read the minutes and follow-up later.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-11-17

Best

Venka

Re: Board meeting on 17 Nov. 2016

Vasile Crăciunescu
I'm also flying. I will try to follow from my phone for as much as possible.

Warm regards,
Vasile

On 11/17/16 9:43 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I will not be able to attend today's board meeting [1] as
> I will be on a flight. I will read the minutes and follow-up later.
>
> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-11-17
>
> Best
>
> Venka

Re: Board meeting on 17 Nov. 2016

Michael Smith
I will be presenting at a Corps of Engineers meeting and will also be unavailable. Will read the minutes and irc logs.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 2:02 AM, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm also flying. I will try to follow from my phone for as much as possible.
>
> Warm regards,
> Vasile
>
>> On 11/17/16 9:43 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I will not be able to attend today's board meeting [1] as
>> I will be on a flight. I will read the minutes and follow-up later.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-11-17
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Venka

Re: Board meeting on 17 Nov. 2016

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi all,

The 3 members present decided to postpone the meeting.
I have prepared a doodle in order to plan the missed meeting:

http://doodle.com/poll/im94wi9rzbvt7etp

Best,
Angelos

[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear All,

I will not be able to attend today's board meeting [1] as
I will be on a flight. I will read the minutes and follow-up later.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2016-11-17

Best

Venka

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD