MovieLooping over multiple layers

tgis
Hi Mapbuilders!

I like to use mapbuilder to query WMS servers with time parameter. This works great for one layer but not for other layers in the same context. So I got a couple of questions:

1. Is is possible to apply the TIME parameter to more than one layer in the current layer list (they all got the same time intervals)?
2. Would it be possible to use the <extent> tag of the WMS capabilities document to set the list of timestamps (instead of WMC <dimension>)?
3. How can I display the current timestamp of a layer without using the movieloop?

The use case of the last question is basically: I got a layer with one new image every day. On a map that is not "MovieLoop enabled" I got the latest image from the WMS request by default. That's fine, but is there a way to somehow display the timestamp of that image?

Any help is appreciated,
tg

Re: MovieLooping over multiple layers

tgis
Hi again,

I somehow didn't read the last post from Cameron before posting my message! I really like Community Mapbuilder and I feel sad about that decision. Nevertheless I like to thank the developers for a great piece of software and hope that someone take over Mapbuilder..

Best regards and good luck for the future,
tg

Re: MovieLooping over multiple layers

Michael Adair

tgis wrote:
> Hi Mapbuilders!
>
> I like to use mapbuilder to query WMS servers with time parameter. This
> works great for one layer but not for other layers in the same context. So I
> got a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Is is possible to apply the TIME parameter to more than one layer in the
> current layer list (they all got the same time intervals)?

It should work to initially display the layers, but I doubt it will work
with the movie loop.  It looks like you might end up with multiple
timestamp listeners and they may not update the correct layers.  You can
certainly try it though.

> 2. Would it be possible to use the <extent> tag of the WMS capabilities
> document to set the list of timestamps (instead of WMC <dimension>)?

Not without modifying some code.  The standard specifies that it should
use the Dimension element.

> 3. How can I display the current timestamp of a layer without using the
> movieloop?

The list of timestamps is generated and stored as the 'timestampList'
property of the Context model, See MapPaneOL.js for how to access it.
You might also be able to use the MovieLoop tool with <maxFrames> set to 1.

Mike
> The use case of the last question is basically: I got a layer with one new
> image every day. On a map that is not "MovieLoop enabled" I got the latest
> image from the WMS request by default. That's fine, but is there a way to
> somehow display the timestamp of that image?
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> tg

Re: MovieLooping over multiple layers

tgis