Move selection actions to Edit menu?

Nyall Dawson
Hi all,

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think the Selection actions
(select none, invert, select all, etc) should be located under the
"Edit" menu, instead of the "View" menu.

It seems to me that this is much more common behaviour, and a more
sensible location for these actions.

Nyall

Re: Move selection actions to Edit menu?

Andreas Neumann-4
agreed. Makes more sense in the edit menu.

On 31.01.2016 01:22, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think the Selection actions
> (select none, invert, select all, etc) should be located under the
> "Edit" menu, instead of the "View" menu.
>
> It seems to me that this is much more common behaviour, and a more
> sensible location for these actions.
>
> Nyall

Re: Move selection actions to Edit menu?

Tim Sutton-6
Hi

Can I suggest to change these for V3 rather? Every time we change something like this, it creates a large ripple effect for anyone writing training materials etc. So it might be nice to batch change these things in 3.0.

Regards

Tim

On 31 Jan 2016, at 14:40, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

agreed. Makes more sense in the edit menu.

On 31.01.2016 01:22, Nyall Dawson wrote:
Hi all,

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think the Selection actions
(select none, invert, select all, etc) should be located under the
"Edit" menu, instead of the "View" menu.

It seems to me that this is much more common behaviour, and a more
sensible location for these actions.

Nyall

Tim Sutton

* Desktop GIS programming services
* Geospatial web development
* GIS Training
* Consulting Services

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Move selection actions to Edit menu?

Anita Graser

On Jan 31, 2016 8:11 PM, "Tim Sutton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can I suggest to change these for V3 rather? Every time we change something like this, it creates a large ripple effect for anyone writing training materials etc. So it might be nice to batch change these things in 3.0.

+1

Thanks and best wishes
Anita

> Regards
>
> Tim
>

>> On 31 Jan 2016, at 14:40, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> agreed. Makes more sense in the edit menu.
>>
>> On 31.01.2016 01:22, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> What's everyone's thoughts on this? I think the Selection actions
>>> (select none, invert, select all, etc) should be located under the
>>> "Edit" menu, instead of the "View" menu.
>>>
>>> It seems to me that this is much more common behaviour, and a more
>>> sensible location for these actions.
>>>
>>> Nyall
>

> —
>

> Tim Sutton
>
> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>
> * Desktop GIS programming services
> * Geospatial web development
> * GIS Training
> * Consulting Services
>
> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee
>
> Kartoza is a merger between Linfiniti and Afrispatial

Re: Move selection actions to Edit menu?

Alexandre Neto
+1 for Tim's idea