Move operation buttons in expr builder widget

Move operation buttons in expr builder widget

Salvatore Larosa-2
I always found a bit uncomfortable the position of the operation
buttons in expression builder dialog as they are currently, in my
opinion would be much more ergonomic move them near the list of
functions like in the attached image. What do you think?

--
Salvatore Larosa
linkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/larosasalvatore

Schermata 2016-02-07 alle 15.59.32.png (150K) Download Attachment

Re: Move operation buttons in expr builder widget

Anita Graser
On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Salvatore Larosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
I always found a bit uncomfortable the position of the operation
buttons in expression builder dialog as they are currently, in my
opinion would be much more ergonomic move them near the list of
functions like in the attached image. What do you think?

​Which ergonomic issue do you experience with the current arrangement?

I find it rather odd​ to move these buttons between the function list and help panel. Since the buttons affect the expression text widget, they should be close to it.

Best wishes,
Anita

Re: Move operation buttons in expr builder widget

Nyall Dawson

On 8 Feb 2016 3:32 AM, "Salvatore Larosa" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I always found a bit uncomfortable the position of the operation
> buttons in expression builder dialog as they are currently, in my
> opinion would be much more ergonomic move them near the list of
> functions like in the attached image. What do you think?

This dialog is already very wide since there's already 3 columns of really important widgets (builder, function tree and help). I don't think adding more width or taking away from the size of these other widgets is a good idea personally.

Nyall

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Salvatore Larosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I always found a bit uncomfortable the position of the operation
>> buttons in expression builder dialog as they are currently, in my
>> opinion would be much more ergonomic move them near the list of
>> functions like in the attached image. What do you think?
>

> Which ergonomic issue do you experience with the current arrangement?

perhaps this is a bit subjective, but I think that these operations can be more comfortable next to the functions list. Thinking how I can write a long expression using only the mouse.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone else had issues with the current arrangement.