Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello,

I would like to make a motion.

Let's vote for a new chair.

https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16

Background: Axel Schaefer is still listed as chair of mapbender project.
But he is not active since some time in the project.

I would like to suggest Olaf Knopp as new project chair for Mapbender.
He is involved in the project for a long time with focus on project
stategy.

Please give feedback.

Astrid

PS: in the next step we have to vote new PSC members too. Some persons
are listed that are not active anymore.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
Open-Source-Software
https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Rolf Neuberger
I second the motion.
I vote with +1

On 21.01.19 09:38, Astrid Emde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to make a motion.
>
> Let's vote for a new chair.
>
> https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16
>
> Background: Axel Schaefer is still listed as chair of mapbender project.
> But he is not active since some time in the project.
>
> I would like to suggest Olaf Knopp as new project chair for Mapbender.
> He is involved in the project for a long time with focus on project
> stategy.
>
> Please give feedback.
>
> Astrid
>
> PS: in the next step we have to vote new PSC members too. Some persons
> are listed that are not active anymore.

--
Rolf Neuberger
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Eifelstraße 7
53119 Bonn
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

David Patzke
I second the motion.
I vote with +1

On 21.01.19 09:38, Astrid Emde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to make a motion.
>
> Let's vote for a new chair.
>
> https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16
>
> Background: Axel Schaefer is still listed as chair of mapbender
> project. But he is not active since some time in the project.
>
> I would like to suggest Olaf Knopp as new project chair for Mapbender.
> He is involved in the project for a long time with focus on project
> stategy.
>
> Please give feedback.
>
> Astrid
>
> PS: in the next step we have to vote new PSC members too. Some persons
> are listed that are not active anymore.

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Frederik Haefker (WhereGroup)
I second the motion.
I vote with +1

Am 21.01.19 um 12:30 schrieb David Patzke:

> I second the motion.
> I vote with +1
>
> On 21.01.19 09:38, Astrid Emde wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to make a motion.
>>
>> Let's vote for a new chair.
>>
>> https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16
>>
>> Background: Axel Schaefer is still listed as chair of mapbender
>> project. But he is not active since some time in the project.
>>
>> I would like to suggest Olaf Knopp as new project chair for
>> Mapbender. He is involved in the project for a long time with focus
>> on project stategy.
>>
>> Please give feedback.
>>
>> Astrid
>>
>> PS: in the next step we have to vote new PSC members too. Some
>> persons are listed that are not active anymore.

FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit Open-Source-Software
https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

Frederik Haefker
Abteilungsleiter Projektmanagement und GIS-Consulting
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Eifelstraße 7
53119 Bonn
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 21
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Olaf Knopp (WhereGroup)

I appreciate the nomination and abstain (as I am the nominee).

Greetings
Olaf

Am 21.01.19 um 09:38 schrieb Astrid Emde:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to make a motion.
>
> Let's vote for a new chair.
>
> https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16
>
> Background: Axel Schaefer is still listed as chair of mapbender
> project. But he is not active since some time in the project.
>
> I would like to suggest Olaf Knopp as new project chair for Mapbender.
> He is involved in the project for a long time with focus on project
> stategy.
>
> Please give feedback.
>
> Astrid
>
> PS: in the next step we have to vote new PSC members too. Some persons
> are listed that are not active anymore.

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
+1 for Olaf Knopp

Astrid

Am 2019-01-21 13:10, schrieb Frederik Haefker (WhereGroup):

> I second the motion.
> I vote with +1
>
> Am 21.01.19 um 12:30 schrieb David Patzke:
>> I second the motion.
>> I vote with +1
>>
>> On 21.01.19 09:38, Astrid Emde wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to make a motion.
>>>
>>> Let's vote for a new chair.
>>>
>>> https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16
>>>
>>> Background: Axel Schaefer is still listed as chair of mapbender
>>> project. But he is not active since some time in the project.
>>>
>>> I would like to suggest Olaf Knopp as new project chair for
>>> Mapbender. He is involved in the project for a long time with focus
>>> on project stategy.
>>>
>>> Please give feedback.
>>>
>>> Astrid
>>>
>>> PS: in the next step we have to vote new PSC members too. Some
>>> persons are listed that are not active anymore.

> FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
> Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
> Open-Source-Software
> https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse
>

> Frederik Haefker
> Abteilungsleiter Projektmanagement und GIS-Consulting
> WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
> Eifelstraße 7
> 53119 Bonn
> Germany
>
> Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 21
> Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
>
> [hidden email]
> www.wheregroup.com
> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
Open-Source-Software
https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello,

we voted for the new Mapbender chair. As Axel Schaefer left the team
last year. Thanks Axel for being the chair.

Here are the results:
4 votes +1
1 abstain Olaf Knopp
1 person did not vote

abstain  Olaf Knopp
+1    Astrid Emde
+1    David Patzke
+1    Rolf Neuberger
+1    Frederik Häfker
did not vote    Arash Rashid Pour (maybe can still give feedback later)

Welcome Olaf Knopp as new Mapbender chair.

I updated the PSC / Chair page and will pass the information to OSGeo.

https://mapbender.org/?q=de/node/16

Axel Schaefer and Andriy Oblivantsev are not active in the Mapbender
project anymore. They retire from the PSC.

We can discuss now in a different threat whether we would like to invite
more active community members to the PSC.

Astrid

Am 2019-01-21 13:59, schrieb Astrid Emde:

> +1 for Olaf Knopp
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 2019-01-21 13:10, schrieb Frederik Haefker (WhereGroup):
>> I second the motion.
>> I vote with +1
>>
>> Am 21.01.19 um 12:30 schrieb David Patzke:
>>> I second the motion.
>>> I vote with +1

>> --

>> FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
>> Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
>> Open-Source-Software
>> https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse
>>

>> Frederik Haefker
>> Abteilungsleiter Projektmanagement und GIS-Consulting
>> WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
>> Eifelstraße 7
>> 53119 Bonn
>> Germany
>>
>> Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 21
>> Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
>>
>> [hidden email]
>> www.wheregroup.com
>> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Astrid Emde
> GIS-Consultant

> FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
> Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
> Open-Source-Software
> https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse
>
>  Astrid Emde
>  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
>  Eifelstraße 7
>  53119 Bonn
>  Germany
>
>  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
>  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11
>
>  [hidden email]
>  www.wheregroup.com
>
>  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
> http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com
>
> Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

FOSS Academy Kompaktkurs "Winterschule 2019"
Grundwissen zum Aufbau von Geodateninfrastrukturen mit
Open-Source-Software
https://foss-academy.com/kompaktkurse

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: Motion to vote for a new Mapbender Chair

Olaf Knopp (WhereGroup)

Hello,

thank you for your vote.

Now let us focus on the issues we have planned for 2019, eg:

  • refactoring of the print module
  • update from OL2 to OL4
  • implementation of reusable service instances
  • new frontend design including responsive design of the web map client
  • Mapbender 3.1.x in late Q2 / early Q3

Greets
Olaf