Motion: adopt updated membership policy

John Bryant
Hi Oceania board,

A new motion is posted on Loomio to adopt the updated membership policy, please vote. I've set the time frame for the vote to 4 days, closing on Wednesday night. It has already undergone board & community review, so I don't see any reason to take any longer.

Oceania directors please vote at your earliest convenience so we can adopt this. Motion is here: https://www.loomio.org/d/fGaHETc5/ratify-membership-policy-1-1

Thanks to Edoardo and the Membership Working Group for making this happen.

Cheers
John

Re: Motion: adopt updated membership policy

Martin Tomko

Thank you, done.

I have to say that everything is quite overhelming now, with an extreme increase in workload ( and reduced ability to concentrate).

Take care, people, this will be a marathon.

Re: Motion: adopt updated membership policy

John Bryant
Hi all, the motion has passed with 6 votes in favour and none against. Thanks again to Edoardo & the rest of the MWG for making this happen. The updated Membership Policy is posted on the wiki.

In theory this means that OSGeo Oceania will be changing to an ongoing, rolling member intake (rather than quarterly), the details of which the MWG will communicate in due course. Given the disruption we're all facing these days, I'm sure we can all agree this can happen when people are available.

Stay safe & healthy everyone.

Cheers
John