Motion: add Kristian Evers and Thomas Knudsen to the Proj.4 team

Motion: add Kristian Evers and Thomas Knudsen to the Proj.4 team

Howard Butler-3
All,

I propose to add Thomas Knudsen and Kristian Evers to the Proj.4 team with commit rights into the OSGeo/Proj.4 repository. They have been leading a modernization effort in the Proj.4 package to improve maintainability, reduce redundancy, and increase test coverage. Thomas has also been a long time Proj.4 list member, and he has provided a lot of experience and guidance on a number of coordinate system and projection topics. Both have been software contributors in a project that has been lacking them, and giving them full access will make it more convenient for them to contribute.

I'll start with a +1.

Howard

Re: [Proj] Motion: add Kristian Evers and Thomas Knudsen to the Proj.4 team

rgreenwood
I am not a metacrs nor PROJ.4 PSC member but have worked with PROJ.4 for years. I strongly support the efforts of Thomas Knudsen and Kristian Evers to modernize the code, remove the macros and add test coverage. PROJ.4 needs this to stay relevant, useful and maintainable.

Best regards,
Rich

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 8:19 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Please! "if it works .. don't touch it" -- if you make "huge
improvements" label the whole product something ELSE than Proj.4. and
don't mix it with the stable version!
We don't want to have random rewriters for the code since it does not
add anything but more work for us! (... and lot of random errors and
problems)

Thanks! Janne.

Howard Butler kirjoitti 20.05.2016 16:50:
> All,
>
> I propose to add Thomas Knudsen and Kristian Evers to the Proj.4 team
> with commit rights into the OSGeo/Proj.4 repository. They have been
> leading a modernization effort in the Proj.4 package to improve
> maintainability, reduce redundancy, and increase test coverage. Thomas
> has also been a long time Proj.4 list member, and he has provided a
> lot of experience and guidance on a number of coordinate system and
> projection topics. Both have been software contributors in a project
> that has been lacking them, and giving them full access will make it
> more convenient for them to contribute.
>
> I'll start with a +1.
>
> Howard

MNS Support
NNS Master Navigator Software
Copyright © Sapper Oy
www.mnspoint.com

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com

Re: [Proj] Motion: add Kristian Evers and Thomas Knudsen to the Proj.4 team

Andreas Hocevar
I'm also neither PSC member nor Proj.4 committer, but as a relative
from the Proj4.js project, I add my +1 as well. Great work Thomas and
Kristian!

Andreas.

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Richard Greenwood
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not a metacrs nor PROJ.4 PSC member but have worked with PROJ.4 for
> years. I strongly support the efforts of Thomas Knudsen and Kristian Evers
> to modernize the code, remove the macros and add test coverage. PROJ.4 needs
> this to stay relevant, useful and maintainable.
>
> Best regards,
> Rich
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 8:19 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please! "if it works .. don't touch it" -- if you make "huge
>> improvements" label the whole product something ELSE than Proj.4. and
>> don't mix it with the stable version!
>> We don't want to have random rewriters for the code since it does not
>> add anything but more work for us! (... and lot of random errors and
>> problems)
>>
>> Thanks! Janne.

>> Howard Butler kirjoitti 20.05.2016 16:50:
>> > All,
>> >
>> > I propose to add Thomas Knudsen and Kristian Evers to the Proj.4 team
>> > with commit rights into the OSGeo/Proj.4 repository. They have been
>> > leading a modernization effort in the Proj.4 package to improve
>> > maintainability, reduce redundancy, and increase test coverage. Thomas
>> > has also been a long time Proj.4 list member, and he has provided a
>> > lot of experience and guidance on a number of coordinate system and
>> > projection topics. Both have been software contributors in a project
>> > that has been lacking them, and giving them full access will make it
>> > more convenient for them to contribute.
>> >
>> > I'll start with a +1.
>> >
>> > Howard
>>
>> --
>> MNS Support
>> NNS Master Navigator Software
>> Copyright © Sapper Oy
>> www.mnspoint.com

> Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
> www.greenwoodmap.com

Re: Motion: add Kristian Evers and Thomas Knudsen to the Proj.4 team

Charles Karney
+1 from me...

On 05/20/16 09:50, Howard Butler wrote:

> All,
>
> I propose to add Thomas Knudsen and Kristian Evers to the Proj.4 team with commit rights into the OSGeo/Proj.4 repository. They have been leading a modernization effort in the Proj.4 package to improve maintainability, reduce redundancy, and increase test coverage. Thomas has also been a long time Proj.4 list member, and he has provided a lot of experience and guidance on a number of coordinate system and projection topics. Both have been software contributors in a project that has been lacking them, and giving them full access will make it more convenient for them to contribute.
>
> I'll start with a +1.
>
> Howard

Charles Karney <[hidden email]>
SRI International, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300

Tel: +1 609 734 2312
Fax: +1 609 734 2662

Re: Motion: add Kristian Evers and Thomas Knudsen to the Proj.4 team

CsMap Contractor
Not being a Proj4 person, I'll defer to the rest of you:

+0

Norm
--
Norm Olsen