Motion: Upgrading OpenLayers in Fusion to 2.13.1

Motion: Upgrading OpenLayers in Fusion to 2.13.1

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

MapGuide RFC 132 upgraded OpenLayers in Fusion to 2.12.

However 2.13(.1) was released after this RFC was implemented, which includes important tile fixes for IE10 (https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues/686)

Moving to 2.13.1 also simplifies our audit trail of customizations and plays nicer with other libraries that like to define window.$

I've already set up a sandbox branch with OL 2.13.1 in place and my testing thus far does not show any ill effects as a result of this upgrade.

I motion that we upgrade Fusion trunk to OpenLayers 2.13.1 for the 2.6 milestone.

+1 Jackie

Re: Motion: Upgrading OpenLayers in Fusion to 2.13.1

zspitzer
+1 Zac

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> MapGuide RFC 132 upgraded OpenLayers in Fusion to 2.12.
>
> However 2.13(.1) was released after this RFC was implemented, which
> includes
> important tile fixes for IE10
> (https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues/686)
>
> Moving to 2.13.1 also simplifies our audit trail of customizations and
> plays
> nicer with other libraries that like to define window.$
>
> I've already set up a sandbox branch with OL 2.13.1 in place and my testing
> thus far does not show any ill effects as a result of this upgrade.
>
> I motion that we upgrade Fusion trunk to OpenLayers 2.13.1 for the 2.6
> milestone.
>
> +1 Jackie

Zac Spitzer
+61 405 847 168

Re: Motion: Upgrading OpenLayers in Fusion to 2.13.1

Paul Spencer
+1 Paul