Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

I motion for a vote on

RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc132

+1 Jackie

Re: Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Jackie Ng
Folks, it's been a week since I put this motion forward and nobody has voted.

If there's anything wrong with the RFC, speak out. Otherwise give me the minimum +2 required to formally adopt this RFC and merge in the implementation work that has already been done.

- Jackie

Re: Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Paul Spencer
+1 Paul

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks, it's been a week since I put this motion forward and nobody has voted.
> If there's anything wrong with the RFC, speak out. Otherwise give me the
> minimum +2 required to formally adopt this RFC and merge in the
> implementation work that has already been done.
> - Jackie

Re: Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Trevor Wekel
+1Trevor

Nice work Jackie!  The recursion error is fixed now?  I noticed it when I was testing the 212 branch.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-04-17, at 4:14 AM, "Jackie Ng" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks, it's been a week since I put this motion forward and nobody has voted.
>
> If there's anything wrong with the RFC, speak out. Otherwise give me the
> minimum +2 required to formally adopt this RFC and merge in the
> implementation work that has already been done.
>
> - Jackie

Re: Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Haris Kurtagic
+1
Haris

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Trevor Wekel
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> +1Trevor
>
> Nice work Jackie!  The recursion error is fixed now?  I noticed it when I
> was testing the 212 branch.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 2013-04-17, at 4:14 AM, "Jackie Ng" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Folks, it's been a week since I put this motion forward and nobody has
> voted.
> >
> > If there's anything wrong with the RFC, speak out. Otherwise give me the
> > minimum +2 required to formally adopt this RFC and merge in the
> > implementation work that has already been done.
> >
> > - Jackie

Re: Motion: RFC132 - Fusion OpenLayers upgrade

Jackie Ng
Hi Trevor,

Recursion error was due to an ancient version of MooTools used by the copy of JxLib we had in the Fusion repo. Couldn't determine the full provenance of the bundled JxLib (especially how our checked in copy was "built"), so I surgically grafted in the latest 1.2.x version of MooTools into our jxlib.uncompressed.js which fixes the recursion error.

We really shouldn't be keeping "compiled" third party libs for Fusion if there's no documentation detailing how the library was built.

This RFC fixes that for OpenLayers at least. Rebuilding OpenLayers.js is just overlaying our custom modifications (which we now keep track of) on top of the standard OL 2.12 source tree and build a new copy from that.

- Jackie