Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Cameron Shorter
Hi OSGeoLive PSC,

Felicity Brand is a senior technical writer reviewing OSGeo Quickstarts.
To date I've been really impressed with the quality of her suggestions
and reviews. As such, I'd like to propose that we provide Felicity with
permissions to accept pull requests to the OSGeoLive docs. This will
help her be more productive.

+1 Cameron

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Cameron,

I am not against granting Felicity write permissions, but the whole idea
of pull requests is to have a review by someone else before merging.
Felicity can continue working on her own fork (as Vicky did with the
migration to the cmake build system and Transifex) without needing to
merge every change before moving on. At the end we can review and accept
the changes in a big pull request or in smaller ones.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Re: Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Cameron Shorter
Yes, I agree that we should have people review each other's work.

We are seeing a few different workflows emerge of Felicity's work. Either:

1. Felicity provides a pull request for someone else to merge.

2. Felicity provides suggestion, someone else applies the changes (and
whatever else they do at the same time), and in that case, I'd suggest
that Felicity should be doing the merging.

Would you be ok to vote +1 to enable 2?

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Angelos Tzotsos
+1
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Angelos Tzotsos
Any more votes on this motion?

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Brian M Hamlin
+1 Brian

On 11/14/19 7:35 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

> Any more votes on this motion?
>
> On 11/5/19 11:33 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> +1
>> Angelos
>>
>> On 11/5/19 8:59 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>> Yes, I agree that we should have people review each other's work.
>>>
>>> We are seeing a few different workflows emerge of Felicity's work.
>>> Either:
>>>
>>> 1. Felicity provides a pull request for someone else to merge.
>>>
>>> 2. Felicity provides suggestion, someone else applies the changes
>>> (and whatever else they do at the same time), and in that case, I'd
>>> suggest that Felicity should be doing the merging.
>>>
>>> Would you be ok to vote +1 to enable 2?

Re: Motion: Propose to give Felicity Brand with permission to approve pull requests to OSGeo docs

Vicky Vergara-2
I have been reading some of the PR made by Felicity,

I think like Angelos:

I am not against granting Felicity write permissions, but the whole idea
of pull requests is to have a review by someone else before merging.

And I feel that the someone else should be:
- The project maintainer
- In case of not possible then: The project expert
- In case of not possible then: One (or more) of us that has more experience on the project
- And the quickstart should be tested.

In my other project, I have Martha with write permissions, and she only
does merges when Daniel/Me explicitly ask her.

Regards
Vicky

--
Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)