Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Howard Butler-3
I motion to promote 4.9.3RC3 to final release.

The 4.9.3 release is mostly a bug fix release with a refresh of the EPSG database, and it corresponds to nearly a year of pull requests and patches. Periodic releases are critical to the long term health of projects such as Proj.4. Proj.4 is currently on an "annual" release cycle, usually corresponding on or near the FOSS4G conference, and we look to keep with that pace unless some critical issue is identified.

I'll start with +1.

Howard

Re: Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Charles Karney
+1

On 08/31/2016 06:24 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
> I motion to promote 4.9.3RC3 to final release.
>
> The 4.9.3 release is mostly a bug fix release with a refresh of the EPSG database, and it corresponds to nearly a year of pull requests and patches. Periodic releases are critical to the long term health of projects such as Proj.4. Proj.4 is currently on an "annual" release cycle, usually corresponding on or near the FOSS4G conference, and we look to keep with that pace unless some critical issue is identified.
>
> I'll start with +1.
>
> Howard

Re: Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Howard Butler-3
Any more MetaCRS members who can +1 this? We've had three release candidates, the packagers are happy with it, and it is mostly a bug fix release.

Howard

> On Aug 31, 2016, at 8:05 PM, Charles Karney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> On 08/31/2016 06:24 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
>> I motion to promote 4.9.3RC3 to final release.
>>
>> The 4.9.3 release is mostly a bug fix release with a refresh of the EPSG database, and it corresponds to nearly a year of pull requests and patches. Periodic releases are critical to the long term health of projects such as Proj.4. Proj.4 is currently on an "annual" release cycle, usually corresponding on or near the FOSS4G conference, and we look to keep with that pace unless some critical issue is identified.
>>
>> I'll start with +1.
>>
>> Howard

Re: Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Frank Warmerdam
Howard,

I did a very quick review and was satisfied with results.

+1 to release, FrankW.

Thanks for the great work!

Best regards,
Frank

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any more MetaCRS members who can +1 this? We've had three release candidates, the packagers are happy with it, and it is mostly a bug fix release.
>
> Howard
>
>> On Aug 31, 2016, at 8:05 PM, Charles Karney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On 08/31/2016 06:24 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
>>> I motion to promote 4.9.3RC3 to final release.
>>>
>>> The 4.9.3 release is mostly a bug fix release with a refresh of the EPSG database, and it corresponds to nearly a year of pull requests and patches. Periodic releases are critical to the long term health of projects such as Proj.4. Proj.4 is currently on an "annual" release cycle, usually corresponding on or near the FOSS4G conference, and we look to keep with that pace unless some critical issue is identified.
>>>
>>> I'll start with +1.
>>>
>>> Howard

Re: Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Howard Butler-3
Declaring this passed with +1 from Charles and Frank.

I have copied RC3 to the standard download location of

http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.tar.gz
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.tar.gz.md5
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.zip
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.zip.md5

and updated http://proj4.org/download.html with its location.

See you next year!

Howard

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 7:15 PM, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Howard,
>
> I did a very quick review and was satisfied with results.
>
> +1 to release, FrankW.
>
> Thanks for the great work!
>
> Best regards,
> Frank
>

> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any more MetaCRS members who can +1 this? We've had three release candidates, the packagers are happy with it, and it is mostly a bug fix release.
>>
>> Howard
>>
>>> On Aug 31, 2016, at 8:05 PM, Charles Karney <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1

Re: [Proj] Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 09/03/2016 02:36 AM, Howard Butler wrote:

> Declaring this passed with +1 from Charles and Frank.
>
> I have copied RC3 to the standard download location of
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.tar.gz.md5
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.zip
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.3.zip.md5
>
> and updated http://proj4.org/download.html with its location.
>
> See you next year!
Can you also promote proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 to final?

Let's not wait another year.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1