Motion: Promote PROJ 5.0.0RC6 to Final

Howard Butler-3
All,

With 6 release candidates, PROJ is finally ready to go 5.0.0. I motion to promote the release to final.

Release Notes: https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/NEWS
Release Plan:  https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/milestones

Kristian Evers is now the maintainer of the project, and along with Thomas Knudsen and a bunch of other contributors, has led the development push to make 5.0.0 a reality. It is a substantial refresh that includes a new and modernized API, completely refactored the geodetic transformation capabilities of PROJ, and tons of additional documentation content. I would like to congratulate them on an effort well done!

The release process at the moment requires a release motion through MetaCRS.

Howard

Re: Motion: Promote PROJ 5.0.0RC6 to Final

Kristian Evers-2

Also a +1 from me.

/Kristian

Re: Motion: Promote PROJ 5.0.0RC6 to Final

Frank Warmerdam
+1 Frank

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:36 AM, Kristian Evers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also a +1 from me.
>

> /Kristian

While strictly not my prerogative, I declare this motion passed with +2 from the MetaCRS PSC (Howard's +1 is implied)
and an additional two votes from the community this is plenty to meet the requirements stated in the MetaCRS guidelines.

I hope everyone can accept that I end the vote and not Howard. I will be preparing the release and haven’t got much time
to spare the coming weeks so in order to not delay the release further I am planning to go ahead with the release right away.

/Kristian