Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

After some private discussion, I motion to nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC.

He has agreed to join if there is enough votes.

+1 Jackie

Re: Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Haris Kurtagic
+1
Haris

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After some private discussion, I motion to nominate Crispin Hoult for a
> position in the MapGuide PSC.
>
> He has agreed to join if there is enough votes.
>
> +1 Jackie

Re: Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

zspitzer
+1

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Haris Kurtagic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
> Haris
>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > After some private discussion, I motion to nominate Crispin Hoult for a
> > position in the MapGuide PSC.
> >
> > He has agreed to join if there is enough votes.
> >
> > +1 Jackie
> >

> > --

Zac Spitzer
+61 405 847 168

Re: Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Trevor Wekel
+1Trevor

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 4, 2014, at 12:54 AM, Jackie Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> After some private discussion, I motion to nominate Crispin Hoult for a
> position in the MapGuide PSC.
>
> He has agreed to join if there is enough votes.
>
> +1 Jackie

Re: Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Crispin_at_Linknode
Thanks to everyone who voted support for me.
What is the formal adoption process / next steps?

 Crispin

Re: Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Jackie Ng
Welcome aboard!

You can check out this link (http://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html) for more information about your new responsibilities as a PSC member.

But for practical purposes right now, being active on the -internals mailing list participating in any discussions and voting on any motions put forward is sufficient activity for an active PSC member.

Right now there is a pending RFC 139 that needs votes on adoption. I have several other RFCs in the pipeline, but they require this particular RFC be adopted first.

- Jackie

Re: Motion: Nominate Crispin Hoult for a position in the MapGuide PSC

Crispin_at_Linknode
Thanks,

Though a few things on the http://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html page are out of date one of the things that gives confidence in a project (and hence adoption and support) is a roadmap.

Whilst I think that IRC Weekly Meetings are a bit unsustainable it would be good to coordinate one every couple of months.  I am away from this weekend (summer here - and Commonwealth Games) but something from mid-August would be ideal.

 Crispin