Motion: Let PROJ govern itself

Howard Butler-3
All,

PROJ has formed its own Project Steering Committee [1] to manage its affairs, and the need for releases to go through MetaCRS is no longer necessary. I motion that MetaCRS no longer act as any kind of governance body for PROJ going forward.

Howard

Re: Motion: Let PROJ govern itself

Martin Davis-3
+1

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,

PROJ has formed its own Project Steering Committee [1] to manage its affairs, and the need for releases to go through MetaCRS is no longer necessary. I motion that MetaCRS no longer act as any kind of governance body for PROJ going forward.

Howard

Re: Motion: Let PROJ govern itself

Howard Butler-3
I'm declaring this motion passed with +1's from Frank and Martin.

On 6/8/18 2:40 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> +1 Frank
>
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Martin Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Howard Butler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> PROJ has formed its own Project Steering Committee [1] to manage its
>>> affairs, and the need for releases to go through MetaCRS is no longer
>>> necessary. I motion that MetaCRS no longer act as any kind of governance
>>> body for PROJ going forward.
>>>
>>> Howard
>>>
>>> [1] https://proj4.org/community/rfc/rfc-1.html

Re: Motion: Let PROJ govern itself

Kristian Evers-2
Jody,

PROJ is already listed as a community project on osgeo.org (although under the name Proj4…). The idea was to become a “proper” OSGeo project, incubation and all. I’m currently on my summer holiday but will get back to this subject some time in September.

/Kristian