Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Cameron Shorter
OSGeo-Live Project Management Committee,

I'd like to raise a motion to officially invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to
join the OSGeo-Live PMC [1]

He has been an active contributor to OSGeo-Live for a while now,
regularly attending meetings and consistently coming up with good ideas.

I've approached Ben and he is open to the idea.

+1 from me, Cameron

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Project_Management_Committee_.28PMC.29

Current Members:

Angelos_Tzotsos (Chair)
Brian M Hamlin
Cameron Shorter
Alex Mandel
Johan Van de Wauw
Sebastian Couwenburg
Massimo De Stefano
Astrid Emde

--
Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254

Re: Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hi all,

I second the motion.

+1 to invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join the OSGeo-Live PMC

Astrid

--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde

Re: Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Johan Van de Wauw
+1

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I second the motion.
>
> +1 to invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join the OSGeo-Live PMC
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 2017-03-17 21:17, schrieb Cameron Shorter:
>>
>> OSGeo-Live Project Management Committee,
>>
>> I'd like to raise a motion to officially invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to
>> join the OSGeo-Live PMC [1]
>>
>> He has been an active contributor to OSGeo-Live for a while now,
>> regularly attending meetings and consistently coming up with good
>> ideas.
>>
>> I've approached Ben and he is open to the idea.
>>
>> +1 from me, Cameron
>>
>> [1]
>>
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Project_Management_Committee_.28PMC.29
>>
>> Current Members:
>>
>> Angelos_Tzotsos (Chair)
>> Brian M Hamlin
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Alex Mandel
>> Johan Van de Wauw
>> Sebastian Couwenburg
>> Massimo De Stefano
>> Astrid Emde
>

> --
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde

Re: Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 03/17/2017 09:17 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I'd like to raise a motion to officially invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to
> join the OSGeo-Live PMC [1]

Didn't we already do this on IRC?

+1, FWIW.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Re: Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to joinOSGeo-Live PMC

Brian M Hamlin

+1    --Brian

Re: Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Angelos Tzotsos
+1
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Interest in Boston 2017 General Session ?

Brian M Hamlin
International Conference for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial
  FOSS4G 2017
  August 14-19, 2017  --  Boston, MA
Q. Do members of this list and other interested parties, *want* a
general session on the Live ?
  possible topics include:

* Introduction - an interesting tour of whats NEW and whats GREAT

* Tech Talk - the way it works to build this setup, mostly but not all,
Debian packaging

* Reboot -  thigns have stabilized a little too much, a reboot is
coming and this could be a
conversation about it

* Other ?
--
 today is the deadline apparently, so if there is going to be
something, it has to be submitted..

Re: Interest in Boston 2017 General Session ?

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Sounds very good.

Maybe a similar session like last year at FOSS4G in Bonn.

Let's talk about it later.

Astrid

Am 2017-03-20 17:51, schrieb Brian M Hamlin:

> International Conference for Free and Open Source Software for
> Geospatial
>   FOSS4G 2017
>   August 14-19, 2017  --  Boston, MA
> Q. Do members of this list and other interested parties, *want* a
> general session on the Live ?
>   possible topics include:
>
> * Introduction - an interesting tour of whats NEW and whats GREAT
>
> * Tech Talk - the way it works to build this setup, mostly but not
> all, Debian packaging
>
> * Reboot -  thigns have stabilized a little too much, a reboot is
> coming and this could be a
> conversation about it
>
> * Other ?
> --
>  today is the deadline apparently, so if there is going to be
> something, it has to be submitted.. best regards from Berkeley,
> California
>   --Brian

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Astrid_Emde

Re: Interest in Boston 2017 General Session ?

Cameron Shorter
Brian,

Something we have talked about a number of times is a OSGeo-Live
workshop, targeted at OSGeo newbies. Select ~ 8 or so quickstarts and
walk through them.

It would be a reasonable amount of work to get it set up, but I think
would be valuable and well received if it were to be set up. (You will
see from my last email that the FOSS4G LOC had identified OSGeo-Live as
a project they'd like to see a workshop from.)

Cheers, Cameron

On 21/3/17 3:54 am, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:

> Sounds very good.
>
> Maybe a similar session like last year at FOSS4G in Bonn.
>
> Let's talk about it later.
>
> Astrid
>
> Am 2017-03-20 17:51, schrieb Brian M Hamlin:
>> International Conference for Free and Open Source Software for
>> Geospatial
>>   FOSS4G 2017
>>   August 14-19, 2017  --  Boston, MA
>> =============================================================================
>>
>> Q. Do members of this list and other interested parties, *want* a
>> general session on the Live ?
>>   possible topics include:
>>
>> * Introduction - an interesting tour of whats NEW and whats GREAT
>>
>> * Tech Talk - the way it works to build this setup, mostly but not
>> all, Debian packaging
>>
>> * Reboot -  thigns have stabilized a little too much, a reboot is
>> coming and this could be a
>> conversation about it
>>
>> * Other ?
>> --
>>  today is the deadline apparently, so if there is going to be
>> something, it has to be submitted.. best regards from Berkeley,
>> California
>>   --Brian

Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254

Re: Motion: Invite Ben Caradoc-Davies to join OSGeo-Live PMC

Cameron Shorter
I'm belatedly declaring this motion passed and have added Ben to our PSC
list:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Management#PSC_Members

Votes:
Angelos_Tzotsos +1