[Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

[Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

Markus Neteler
Dear PSC,

After a long time of discussions and developments, the first prototype
of the new GRASS GIS website is available at
https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/ with the code available at
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website .

The entire project follows what has been discussed earlier:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Website_migration_plan_2019
We requested OSGeo in 2019 to cover the development with 6000 USD, see
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019 - given the
delays it was moved to
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2020 . See therein
for the related OSGeo budget wiki page.

This motion is to vote on the first payment of 4000 USD (out of 6000
USD) to the developer, Nicolas Bozon (https://github.com/nbozon). Some
issues are still open and he scheduled to continue further work on the
Hugo code later this month.

The money transfer can then be directly done from OSGeo to the
developer (already clarified with the OSGeo treasurer).

Motion:
I start with a +1.

Best,
Markus

PS: once the web site is sufficiently (!) completed we'll switch the
DNS entries:
  https://grass.osgeo.org/ --> https://old.grass.osgeo.org/ , and
  https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/ --> https://grass.osgeo.org/

Re: [Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

Helena Mitasova-7
+1

Helena

> On Feb 17, 2020, at 7:58 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear PSC,
>
> After a long time of discussions and developments, the first prototype
> of the new GRASS GIS website is available at
> https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/ with the code available at
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website .
>
> The entire project follows what has been discussed earlier:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Website_migration_plan_2019
> We requested OSGeo in 2019 to cover the development with 6000 USD, see
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019 - given the
> delays it was moved to
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2020 . See therein
> for the related OSGeo budget wiki page.
>
> This motion is to vote on the first payment of 4000 USD (out of 6000
> USD) to the developer, Nicolas Bozon (https://github.com/nbozon). Some
> issues are still open and he scheduled to continue further work on the
> Hugo code later this month.
>
> The money transfer can then be directly done from OSGeo to the
> developer (already clarified with the OSGeo treasurer).
>
> Motion:
> I start with a +1.
>
> Best,
> Markus
>
> PS: once the web site is sufficiently (!) completed we'll switch the
> DNS entries:
>  https://grass.osgeo.org/ --> https://old.grass.osgeo.org/ , and
>  https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/ --> https://grass.osgeo.org/

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,
Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
Associate director and faculty fellow at the Center for Geospatial Analytics
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208

Re: [Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

Michael Barton
+1 Looks very nice and professional
____________________
C. Michael Barton
Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton
https://complexity.asu.edu/csdc

On Feb 17, 2020, at 7:23 PM, Anna Petrášová <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.osgeo.org_mailman_listinfo_grass-2Dpsc&d=DwIGaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=lk-7X7CEOMDN8GaGVhiDsuO6gEp1wbG6nfT1XEEEtR0&m=NdXrCZxHzMSwSHdQDefEihf4gQJSJVXdSpWB6J2S6dQ&s=-RzcoifsZ3NGLYz4Qi81bIlPrTssSObRvoXUjuM8aaA&e=

Re: [Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

margherita
+1

Kind regards,

madi

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 1:58 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Margherita Di Leo

Re: [Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

"Peter Löwe"
+1
Peter

Re: [Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

wenzeslaus
+1

Step in the right direction.

Vaclav

[...]

Martin Landa
Hi all,

st 19. 2. 2020 v 4:35 odesílatel Vaclav Petras <[hidden email]> napsal:

+1

Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Re: [Motion] First payment for new GRASS GIS Hugo based web site

Markus Neteler
PSC,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 1:58 PM Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear PSC,
>
> After a long time of discussions and developments, the first prototype
> of the new GRASS GIS website is available at
> https://staging.grass.osgeo.org/ with the code available at
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website .
>
> The entire project follows what has been discussed earlier:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Website_migration_plan_2019
> We requested OSGeo in 2019 to cover the development with 6000 USD, see
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019 - given the
> delays it was moved to
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2020 . See therein
> for the related OSGeo budget wiki page.
>
> This motion is to vote on the first payment of 4000 USD (out of 6000
> USD) to the developer, Nicolas Bozon (https://github.com/nbozon). Some
> issues are still open and he scheduled to continue further work on the
> Hugo code later this month.
>
> The money transfer can then be directly done from OSGeo to the
> developer (already clarified with the OSGeo treasurer).
>
> Motion:

The result:

Anna Petrasova +1
Helena Mitasova +1
Margherita Di Leo +1
Markus Neteler +1
Martin Landa +1
Michael Barton +1
Moritz Lennert +1
Peter Loewe +1
Vaclav Petras +1

I declare the motion passed.

Next I'll initiate the issuing of the payment by OSGeo directly to
Nicolas Bozon.