Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Even Rouault
Hi all,

I propose to start a vote for the adoption of RFC-19 - Safer memory allocation
in GDAL - if there are no objections.

Best regards,
Even

Re: Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Frank Warmerdam
Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose to start a vote for the adoption of RFC-19 - Safer memory allocation
> in GDAL - if there are no objections.

Even,

I'm in support of http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc19_safememalloc

+1

Re: Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Tamas Szekeres
+1

Best regards,

Tamas

2008/1/4, Even Rouault <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> I propose to start a vote for the adoption of RFC-19 - Safer memory allocation
> in GDAL - if there are no objections.
>
> Best regards,
> Even

Re: Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Andrey Kiselev
On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 08:28:11PM +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> I propose to start a vote for the adoption of RFC-19 - Safer memory
> allocation in GDAL - if there are no objections.

I am +1 on http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc19_safememalloc

Best refards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
ICQ# 26871517

Re: Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Daniel Morissette
Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose to start a vote for the adoption of RFC-19 - Safer memory allocation
> in GDAL - if there are no objections.

+1 on http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc19_safememalloc

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

Re: Motion : Adopt RFC-19 : Safer memory allocation in GDAL

Jeff McKenna-2
+1 here.  After reading the RFC I realize that I may have hit this issue
recently: a mapserver mapfile with over 50+ WMS layers would crash
mapserv on Windows consistently, yet had no problems on unix ever.  I
never could narrow it down to one problem layer, but it seemed to only
occur when I had many WMS layers.  Maybe this rfc is related, not sure.
  Anyway thanks for this addition.

-jeff