Mobile shootout at FOSS4G 2010?

Miguel Montesinos
Hello,

Thinking about OSGeo desktop shootout, I think that also having a mobile shootout comparison of both closed and open source mobile GIS/SDI clients would be of high interest, for showing that there are a full range of solutions from the DB to the mobile device using open source software.

Any ideas about this?

Miguel Montesinos
Director Técnico
PRODEVELOP, S.L.
mmontesinos [en] prodevelop [punto] es
www.prodevelop.es

Re: Mobile shootout at FOSS4G 2010?

mentaer
Hei,

well so it would be ArcPad (1) vs. gvSIG Mobile Pilot (2)?
because these are the only platforms I know of that are (1) heavily used
and (2) FOS. Or does anybody know other FOS mobile clients too?
The latter info would be highly appreciate becasue then I could revise
nmy article sections on that which points only to gvSIG Mobile right now ;)

stefan

Miguel Montesinos schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> Thinking about OSGeo desktop shootout, I think that also having a mobile shootout comparison of both closed and open source mobile GIS/SDI clients would be of high interest, for showing that there are a full range of solutions from the DB to the mobile device using open source software.
>
> Any ideas about this?
>
> Regards,

> Miguel Montesinos
> Director Técnico
> PRODEVELOP, S.L.
> mmontesinos [en] prodevelop [punto] es
> www.prodevelop.es

Re: Mobile shootout at FOSS4G 2010?

Andrea Antonello
Hei boys, don't forget geopaparazzi, soon on your androids :)
It has a particular target but can IMHO be considered:
http://www.geopaparazzi.eu/

Andrea

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Stefan Steiniger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hei,
>
> well so it would be ArcPad (1) vs. gvSIG Mobile Pilot (2)?
> because these are the only platforms I know of that are (1) heavily used and
> (2) FOS. Or does anybody know other FOS mobile clients too?
> The latter info would be highly appreciate becasue then I could revise nmy
> article sections on that which points only to gvSIG Mobile right now ;)
>
> stefan
>
> Miguel Montesinos schrieb:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thinking about OSGeo desktop shootout, I think that also having a mobile
>> shootout comparison of both closed and open source mobile GIS/SDI clients
>> would be of high interest, for showing that there are a full range of
>> solutions from the DB to the mobile device using open source software.
>>
>> Any ideas about this?
>>
>> Regards,

>> Miguel Montesinos
>> Director Técnico
>> PRODEVELOP, S.L.
>> mmontesinos [en] prodevelop [punto] es
>> www.prodevelop.es

RE: Mobile shootout at FOSS4G 2010?

Miguel Montesinos
For sure Andrea, hope to try it soon ;-)

There's also gvSIG Mini [1], aimed at the mass market, not an ArcPad-like.

[1] http://www.gvsigmini.org

Miguel