Missing File -> Open from Maestro

Hans Milling
Hi All

What happened to the File -> Open command in Maestro? It disappeared in version 3.5!
I used to just pressing Ctrl+O and pasting a library://... to open a feature source, layer etc. I cannot do that any more. Could a button be introduced next (left perhaps) to the feature source textbox of a layer to be able to jump to this feature source? Just like double clicking a layer in a map jumps to the layer settings?

A quick example using the old Maestro. You want to edit the feature source of an item in a map:
Open the map.
Find the layer and double click this to open the layer settings.
In the old Maestro I could just press Ctrl+C to copy the path for the feature source of the layer since this was already highlighted (not any more), press Ctrl+O to open the "open dialog", press Ctrl+V to paste the path to the feature source and press Enter to open the feature source window. Now I need to browse trough the hierarchy to find the feature source and edit it (I know I am a spoiled kid that just wants some shortcuts :-)  ).

Other suggestions for improvement to Maestro:
1. When you press save icon the text field to enter the name should have focus (cursor blinking), ready to type. As it is now, you have to click in the textbox before you can type.
2. When you add a layer, and need to select a feature source, it would be great if the folder of the most recently added feature source were selected, this way you did not have to browse all the way trough the hierarchy every time. In most cases when adding a layer i just added a feature source or when adding a layer to a map it is a layer that i just created.

Should I make some tickets for this or are these just bad ideas?

Best Regards
  Hans Milling...

Re: Missing File -> Open from Maestro

Jackie Ng
Yeah make the relevant tickets. Probably got lost in the post-2.1 rewrite.

- Jackie

Re: Missing File -> Open from Maestro

Birgir
you make some valid points Hans!

I would also like to add a minor thing, when you "Test connection" on a feature source I think the program should start by clearing any old error messages.

/Birgir

Re: Missing File -> Open from Maestro

Hans Milling
I've added 5 new tickets :-)