Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors

Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors

Moritz Lennert
Hello everyone,

You can find the minutes of Friday's meeting on the wiki [1]. Please
amend if necessary.

I've also revised the call for sponsors according to what we decided
[2]. The only open point (that I forgot to mention at the meeting) is
the contact: who will be the contact person for sponsors. I would
suggest that we create a specific email address such as
[hidden email] but we need someone to be the actual person behind
that address.

Moritz

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-meeting-20150605
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2015_Call_for_Sponsors

Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors

Marc Ducobu-2
Thanks for the minutes.

I can be the contact for sponsors.

Marc

On 07/06/15 13:14, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> You can find the minutes of Friday's meeting on the wiki [1]. Please
> amend if necessary.
>
> I've also revised the call for sponsors according to what we decided
> [2]. The only open point (that I forgot to mention at the meeting) is
> the contact: who will be the contact person for sponsors. I would
> suggest that we create a specific email address such as
> [hidden email] but we need someone to be the actual person behind
> that address.
>
> Moritz
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-meeting-20150605
> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2015_Call_for_Sponsors

Marc Ducobu
Champs Libres
http://www.champs-libres.coop
+32 494 91 52 47

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

Moritz Lennert
On 07/06/15 19:04, Marc Ducobu wrote:
> Thanks for the minutes.
>
> I can be the contact for sponsors.

Thanks, Marc !

My proposal concerning an email address also raises the question of
hosting of the website and possible email addresses.

We did not really speak about this, but even in the unlikely situation
that OSGeo does not accept our chapter, I guess we will still organise
the event, and so we can go ahead with arranging hosting of the web
site, or ?

One place, in line with OSGeo ideas, would be Domaine public [1]. See
[2] for the technical specifications. Even a minimal account (cf towards
the bottom of the page) would probably be enough for our purposes.

Moritz

[1] http://www.domainepublic.net/
[2] http://www.domainepublic.net/Reglement-Technique.html

> Marc
>
> On 07/06/15 13:14, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> You can find the minutes of Friday's meeting on the wiki [1]. Please
>> amend if necessary.
>>
>> I've also revised the call for sponsors according to what we decided
>> [2]. The only open point (that I forgot to mention at the meeting) is
>> the contact: who will be the contact person for sponsors. I would
>> suggest that we create a specific email address such as
>> [hidden email] but we need someone to be the actual person behind
>> that address.
>>
>> Moritz
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-meeting-20150605
>> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2015_Call_for_Sponsors

Re: Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

dirkf
Hi,

I agree to organise FOSS4G this year on 29/10.

As an alternative, I have my own mailserver (mail.frgne.be) and this
server can host several domains, with several administrators.

If needed I can host the mailserver for the foss4g.be domain.

You just have to point the [MAIL] DNS record to my server
(mail.frigne.be) and give me the contact person who will administer this
mail domain (creating mailaccounts, aliasses, ...)

Even better is to create a mail.foss4gbe.be record that points to the ip
adress of mail.frigne.be.

My2c (- while working on the official expression of intrest to form a
chapter to the OSGeo Board)

Dirk

On 10-06-15 09:23, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On 07/06/15 19:04, Marc Ducobu wrote:
>> Thanks for the minutes.
>>
>> I can be the contact for sponsors.
>

> Thanks, Marc !
>
> My proposal concerning an email address also raises the question of
> hosting of the website and possible email addresses.
>
> We did not really speak about this, but even in the unlikely situation
> that OSGeo does not accept our chapter, I guess we will still organise
> the event, and so we can go ahead with arranging hosting of the web
> site, or ?
>
> One place, in line with OSGeo ideas, would be Domaine public [1]. See
> [2] for the technical specifications. Even a minimal account (cf towards
> the bottom of the page) would probably be enough for our purposes.
>
> Moritz
>

> [1] http://www.domainepublic.net/
> [2] http://www.domainepublic.net/Reglement-Technique.html
>

>> Marc
>>
>> On 07/06/15 13:14, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> You can find the minutes of Friday's meeting on the wiki [1]. Please
>>> amend if necessary.
>>>
>>> I've also revised the call for sponsors according to what we decided
>>> [2]. The only open point (that I forgot to mention at the meeting) is
>>> the contact: who will be the contact person for sponsors. I would
>>> suggest that we create a specific email address such as
>>> [hidden email] but we need someone to be the actual person behind
>>> that address.
>>>
>>> Moritz
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo-BE-meeting-20150605
>>> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-BE_2015_Call_for_Sponsors

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

Re: Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

Johan Van de Wauw
>> Thanks, Marc !
>>
>> My proposal concerning an email address also raises the question of
>> hosting of the website and possible email addresses.
>>
>> We did not really speak about this, but even in the unlikely situation
>> that OSGeo does not accept our chapter, I guess we will still organise
>> the event, and so we can go ahead with arranging hosting of the web
>> site, or ?
>>
>> One place, in line with OSGeo ideas, would be Domaine public [1]. See
>> [2] for the technical specifications. Even a minimal account (cf towards
>> the bottom of the page) would probably be enough for our purposes.

foss4g.be is currently registered at gandi.net . I can add
mailforwarding (1000 adresses) and up to five mailboxes if needed
without a fee. I can give others access if needed.

I can also add an mx record to forward to dirks mailserver (or any
other). For the website, I would check with the webmaster - probably
he can host it. If needed, I have a server which we could use.

Kind Regards,
Johan

Re: Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

Johan Van de Wauw
>> Thanks, Marc !
>>
>> My proposal concerning an email address also raises the question of
>> hosting of the website and possible email addresses.
>>
>> We did not really speak about this, but even in the unlikely situation
>> that OSGeo does not accept our chapter, I guess we will still organise
>> the event, and so we can go ahead with arranging hosting of the web
>> site, or ?
>>
>> One place, in line with OSGeo ideas, would be Domaine public [1]. See
>> [2] for the technical specifications. Even a minimal account (cf towards
>> the bottom of the page) would probably be enough for our purposes.

foss4g.be is currently registered at gandi.net . I can add
mailforwarding (1000 adresses) and up to five mailboxes if needed
without a fee. I can give others access if needed.

I can also add an mx record to forward to dirks mailserver. For the

On 10/06/15 10:38, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:

>>> Thanks, Marc !
>>>
>>> My proposal concerning an email address also raises the question of
>>> hosting of the website and possible email addresses.
>>>
>>> We did not really speak about this, but even in the unlikely situation
>>> that OSGeo does not accept our chapter, I guess we will still organise
>>> the event, and so we can go ahead with arranging hosting of the web
>>> site, or ?
>>>
>>> One place, in line with OSGeo ideas, would be Domaine public [1]. See
>>> [2] for the technical specifications. Even a minimal account (cf towards
>>> the bottom of the page) would probably be enough for our purposes.
>
> foss4g.be is currently registered at gandi.net .

gandi.net is perfectly in line with our ideas as well.

> I can add
> mailforwarding (1000 adresses) and up to five mailboxes if needed
> without a fee. I can give others access if needed.
>
> I can also add an mx record to forward to dirks mailserver (or any
> other). For the website, I would check with the webmaster - probably
> he can host it. If needed, I have a server which we could use.

You mean the gandi webmaster ?

I'm willing to pitch in some starting money for getting the hosting
going. But we would need someone to take care of this.

I have no opinion about whether it should be hosted on a paid hosting
server or on any of your servers. It's just a question of how much work
we are willing to put into web server maintenance in the long run.

AFAIK, the OSGeo experience is not great in terms of self-organised
servers as VMs, so maybe going through a hosting service that provides
all the necessary updates, might be a better solution, unless you go
through these updates yourselves anyhow.

Moritz

Re: Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

Moritz Lennert
[Bringing this back onto the list]

On 10/06/15 12:08, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Moritz Lennert
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You mean the gandi webmaster ?
>
> I was talking about the person (didn't record his name, but the site
> was a subsite of http://checksum.be ) who made the site we saw during
> the meeting (it was a contact of Gaël).
>
> I agree we need a host which does not rely on the availability of one
> person. For mail forwarding with gandi is imho the best option. Adding
> the website there as well is definitely a good option, but let's just
> see what is proposed by the creator of that site.

AFAIK, he does not propose hosting. The checksum.be domain is Gaël's
company's. He only used it to be able to show us the mockup of the site.

Moritz

Re: Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2015-06-10 5:21 AM, Dirk Frigne wrote:

> My2c (- while working on the official expression of intrest to form a
> chapter to the OSGeo Board)

Note that the next OSGeo Board meeting is next week on 18th June, if you
need a deadline for your request ;)

-jeff

Re: Hosting of web site foss4g.be [was Re: Minutes of the 2015-06-05 meeting and revised version of the call for sponsors]

KRUWIALIS Gael

I talk with Marcos (Peebles) who made the mockup and who propose to adapt the website:
He propose to be the contact point for all the request about creation and maintenance of the website
He talk  around 10 pages ( Home page - call of paper- call of sponsor - Information - contact - inscription - about -  gallery - page for social networking: FB, twitter, LinkedIn, ...? )
He proposes the design (base on the mockup) + flyers + poster...
Based on texts received in one language (Fr or Nl or En), he will provide translation and will include in the website=> so the future website will be in three languages.

The website can be hosted at now on my domain (ovh) with a correct redirection on foss4g.be or on dreamhost or any other proposal.

Of course he will be present the day of the event for animate the website and push all the photos, info, etc.
Of course, all credits are "open" - Available - ... as we define

For this entire package, Marcos estimated the work around 10 days - 2000€
Besides that, he will fully involve the organization of the FOSS4G.

So if you have any question, remarks, precision please tell him (or me :-))

At now if you are agree I’ll use the print screen of the mockup for the communication tomorrow at the User Club URBIS (from CIBG-CIRB) and I will communicate this URL:  http://foss4g.be

Gael