Migrating data and maps from Geonode 2.4 to 2.6

Migrating data and maps from Geonode 2.4 to 2.6

Michael Peterman-2
I have a production site running Geonode 2.4 that I would like to migrate to 2.6 with all users, layers, and maps.  I found this thread: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Help-for-migrate-data-from-2-4-to-2-6-td5323208.html
but it is a bit vague--do I simply dump the 2.4 databases from PostgreSQL and restore on the 2.6 server?

On the 2.6 server, I did a manual installation because I want to have a custom frontend. This means that the command "geonode migrate --fake-initial" is not available, but is there a django equivalent?  Or, would it be better to install from a package using apt-get install geonode?

Thanks.

Re: Migrating data and maps from Geonode 2.4 to 2.6

xbartolone
The recommended way to build a custom frontend and in general any geonode customization is to use a geonode-project. It is documented here http://docs.geonode.org/en/latest/tutorials/admin/customize_lookfeel/index.html

Hope this helps
Francesco

Il giorno 16/lug/2017, alle ore 03:34, Michael Peterman <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

I have a production site running Geonode 2.4 that I would like to migrate to 2.6 with all users, layers, and maps.  I found this thread: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Help-for-migrate-data-from-2-4-to-2-6-td5323208.html
but it is a bit vague--do I simply dump the 2.4 databases from PostgreSQL and restore on the 2.6 server?

On the 2.6 server, I did a manual installation because I want to have a custom frontend. This means that the command "geonode migrate --fake-initial" is not available, but is there a django equivalent?  Or, would it be better to install from a package using apt-get install geonode?

Thanks.

Re: Migrating data and maps from Geonode 2.4 to 2.6

Michael Peterman-2
Hi Simone,

Thanks for the help. After importing my databases from the geonode 2.4 host to the new 2.6 host, I ran python manage.py migrate --fake-initial and it seemed to work. However, the 2.6 host is now loading data from Geoserver on the 2.4 host (the source for map tiles is pointing to the 2.4 host, not the new one), and there are no layers in the local instance of Geoserver on the 2.6 host.

How can I make Geoserver on the 2.6 host recognize the data that is loaded in postgres?

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:35 AM, Simone Dalmasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alessio Fabiani-2
You need to provide to the new GeoServer a copy of the old GeoServer Data Dir, in order to recover the configuration of geospatial layers.

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 12:17 AM, Michael Peterman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This question for updating map tiles hostname has been answered several times. If you search on the user list [1] the results are quite full of information about that.

This link below can help a little bit

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Update-ip-dns-into-data-db-after-server-migration-td5270874.html

[1] http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNode-users-f5185389.html

Sent from Nylas Mail, the best free email app for work