Migrate FDO to VS2015 compiler

Karsten Winter
Hi all

An internal adaption at Autodesk will require to migrate FDO to VS 2015 compiler in the next couple of months.
ADSK providers and the open source ones will usually be updated with the same task.
From my point of view this would be a task for v4.1, but "trunk" is not yet branched to 4.0 and v3.9 is not yet released.
Do you have a schedule for the FDO 3.9 release and the branch to 4.0?
Do you have any concerns regarding the update of the compiler?

Best regards
Karsten

Re: Migrate FDO to VS2015 compiler

Jackie Ng
Just want to confirm that 4.0 (when it branches) will still be expected to be built with VS2012?

- Jackie

Re: Migrate FDO to VS2015 compiler

Karsten Winter
Hi Jackie

sure, that's the plan. It's planned that trunk will be updated after 4.0 branch was created.
A problem will only come up when the 4.0 branch will not be created within the next couple of months (until August/September 2015). Then we will have some timing issues.

Best regards
Karsten

Re: Migrate FDO to VS2015 compiler

Greg Boone
I will create a 4.0 branch today.

+1 on the move to VS 2015.

Greg

Re: Migrate FDO to VS2015 compiler

Karsten Winter
That's great.

I will also create a RFC for the compiler update.

Karsten