Micro Mapping Party

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Micro Mapping Party

guidos
Hello all,

I just got back from WherePDX and am really excited about learning
some of the OSGEO tools and contributing information for the Open
Street Map (OSM) effort.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for
a OSM Micro Mapping Party in November?

Please let me know what you think, I can probably snag a room for the
evening or weekend downtown if the group is less than 10, if more we
should talk to Microsoft NERD folks.

Thanks for your response in advance.

-Guido
_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro Mapping Party

Lars Ahlzen
On 10/6/2010 2:37 PM, Guido Stein wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just got back from WherePDX and am really excited about learning
> some of the OSGEO tools and contributing information for the Open
> Street Map (OSM) effort.
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for
> a OSM Micro Mapping Party in November?

Count me in!

I'd love to get more OSM events going in the Boston area. This sounds
like a great first step in that direction.

- Lars

--
Lars Ahlzen
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro Mapping Party

Christian Spanring-2
+1

We have fresh bicycle and pedestrian facility data that we would like to make available in OSM. It would be great to put some brains together and figure out a good way how to import/update.

I'm also in loose contact with Sprout in Somerville, if we're looking for a venue.

Christian

On Oct 6, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Lars Ahlzen wrote:

> On 10/6/2010 2:37 PM, Guido Stein wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just got back from WherePDX and am really excited about learning
>> some of the OSGEO tools and contributing information for the Open
>> Street Map (OSM) effort.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for
>> a OSM Micro Mapping Party in November?
>
> Count me in!
>
> I'd love to get more OSM events going in the Boston area. This sounds like a great first step in that direction.
>
> - Lars
>
> --
> Lars Ahlzen
> [hidden email]
> _______________________________________________
> Boston mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston

_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Micro Mapping Party

Spanring, Christian
In reply to this post by guidos
Good to meet you all last night!

I already have people interested for signing up. Should we ask people in the sign-up what their preferred interest is, in addition if they bring their own equipment? Re Team GPS, Team Walking Paper, Team Imagery? To get a count on how many devices we would need and how large the teams will get...

Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Guido Stein
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:38 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [OSGeo-Boston] Micro Mapping Party

Hello all,

I just got back from WherePDX and am really excited about learning
some of the OSGEO tools and contributing information for the Open
Street Map (OSM) effort.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for
a OSM Micro Mapping Party in November?

Please let me know what you think, I can probably snag a room for the
evening or weekend downtown if the group is less than 10, if more we
should talk to Microsoft NERD folks.

Thanks for your response in advance.

-Guido
_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record, and therefore subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 ? 10.
_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro Mapping Party

Christian Spanring
For anyone interested in participating...

Registration: http://osmbos1.eventbrite.com/

Planning-page in OSM wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Boston/November_2010_mapping_party

Hope to see many of you there!

Christian

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Spanring, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good to meet you all last night!
>
> I already have people interested for signing up. Should we ask people in the sign-up what their preferred interest is, in addition if they bring their own equipment? Re Team GPS, Team Walking Paper, Team Imagery? To get a count on how many devices we would need and how large the teams will get...
>
> Christian
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Guido Stein
> Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:38 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [OSGeo-Boston] Micro Mapping Party
>
> Hello all,
>
> I just got back from WherePDX and am really excited about learning
> some of the OSGEO tools and contributing information for the Open
> Street Map (OSM) effort.
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for
> a OSM Micro Mapping Party in November?
>
> Please let me know what you think, I can probably snag a room for the
> evening or weekend downtown if the group is less than 10, if more we
> should talk to Microsoft NERD folks.
>
> Thanks for your response in advance.
>
> -Guido
> _______________________________________________
> Boston mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
>
> Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record, and therefore subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 ? 10.
> _______________________________________________
> Boston mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
>
_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro Mapping Party [Noon Nov 7 @ MIT]

Holt
Thanks all for organizing this great party.  I'd more than happily
present Carnegie Mellon's http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP community
networking map (prelaunching later this week, at http://olpcSF.org) if I
wasn't
in Haiti during your meetup -- keep up the tradition and see y'all soon!


On 10/20/2010 9:24 AM, Christian Spanring wrote:

> For anyone interested in participating...
>
> Registration: http://osmbos1.eventbrite.com/
>
> Planning-page in OSM wiki:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Boston/November_2010_mapping_party
>
> Hope to see many of you there!
>
> Christian
>
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Spanring, Christian<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Good to meet you all last night!
>>
>> I already have people interested for signing up. Should we ask people in the sign-up what their preferred interest is, in addition if they bring their own equipment? Re Team GPS, Team Walking Paper, Team Imagery? To get a count on how many devices we would need and how large the teams will get...
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Guido Stein
>> Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:38 PM
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [OSGeo-Boston] Micro Mapping Party
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just got back from WherePDX and am really excited about learning
>> some of the OSGEO tools and contributing information for the Open
>> Street Map (OSM) effort.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for
>> a OSM Micro Mapping Party in November?
>>
>> Please let me know what you think, I can probably snag a room for the
>> evening or weekend downtown if the group is less than 10, if more we
>> should talk to Microsoft NERD folks.
>>
>> Thanks for your response in advance.
>>
>> -Guido
_______________________________________________
Boston mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/boston
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Micro Mapping Party

Sergio23
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by guidos
Wow, it sounds so interesting!! Thanks my friend for this information. Well, I just want to celebrate my birthday in NYC and was searching for best event space nyc venue. Is there anyone who can help me in finding a right party venue?