Metadata contact update

GeoNetwork users mailing list
Dear all,
I have one question regarding resource and metadata contact information.In the case that my metadata contains both resource and metadata contact information everything works fine. However, I have some metadata which only have the resource contact information. In this case I would like to have the metadata contact information directly populated from GN admin contact information.So in short, is there anyway to automatically update the metadata contact information of a metadata file from admin info when it is not provided by the metadata file itself?
I hope I explained it clearly.
Please note my metadata are SensorML and neither DC nor any ISO.
Thanks in advanceMani

Re: Metadata contact update

Jose Garcia
Hi

If you want to add this change permanently, you can probably use one of
these 2 approaches:

1) Update update-fixed-info.xslof your schema to check for the contact and
if not provided use the admin user information.

The advantage of this is that will be handled automatically when the
metadata is saved in the metadata editor or imported.

2) Add a batch process in your schema  process folder to handle the update
and configure the new process in
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/master/web-ui/src/main/resources/catalog/config/batch-process-cfg.json
.

This will update the metadata on demand, from the Administration > Tools
menu (http://SERVER/geonetwork/srv/eng/admin.console#/tools/batch),
probably not the best.

If you only want to do this only in CSW output (without changing the
metadata xml in GeoNetwork), you can modify the xsl of your schema
present/csw folder to add this information.

In any of the cases, I think will require also some Java changes to send
the admin user information to the related xsl file, as don't think the
current code is sending that information.

Regards,
Jose García

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>