MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

Tom Kralidis

The MetaSearch team announces the release of MetaSearch 0.3.0.

This release provide numerous bug fixes and leverages the QGIS
WMS/WMTS/WFS/WCS provider logic to streamline the user experience.

MetaSearch is a core QGIS plugin.  0.3.0 will be part of the upcoming QGIS 2.5 release.

The plugin can also be found on the QGIS Plugins Repository at http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/MetaSearch

MetaSearch is a QGIS plugin to interact with metadata catalogue services (CSW).

Version 0.3.0 (2014-09-02):
---------------------------

- refactor link types support
- updated default connections list
- ui files are now built at runtime
- more robust BBOX parsing
- remove service GetCapabilities checking (left to relevant QGIS providers)
- support for protected service (left to relevant QGIS providers)
- fir WMTS connectivity (left to relevant QGIS providers)
- fix querying CSW servers with different GetRecords URLs

Testers and developers are welcome.

The MetaSearch team.

http://geopython.github.io/MetaSearch
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

Tim Sutton-4

Hi
On Sep 2, 2014 5:03 PM, "Tom Kralidis" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> The MetaSearch team announces the release of MetaSearch 0.3.0.
>
> This release provide numerous bug fixes and leverages the QGIS
> WMS/WMTS/WFS/WCS provider logic to streamline the user experience.
>
> MetaSearch is a core QGIS plugin.  0.3.0 will be part of the upcoming QGIS 2.5 release.
>
> The plugin can also be found on the QGIS Plugins Repository at http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/MetaSearch
>
> MetaSearch is a QGIS plugin to interact with metadata catalogue services (CSW).
>
> Version 0.3.0 (2014-09-02):
> ---------------------------
>
> - refactor link types support
> - updated default connections list
> - ui files are now built at runtime
> - more robust BBOX parsing
> - remove service GetCapabilities checking (left to relevant QGIS providers)
> - support for protected service (left to relevant QGIS providers)
> - fir WMTS connectivity (left to relevant QGIS providers)
> - fix querying CSW servers with different GetRecords URLs
>
> Testers and developers are welcome.
>

Great news Tom!  Do you have any plans to reinstate the metadata editor that used to be part of metasearch's predecessor's? I think it is the next gaping hole in our standards support.
Regards

Ti.

> The MetaSearch team.
>
> http://geopython.github.io/MetaSearch
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-developer mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer


_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

pcav
Il 02/09/2014 23:37, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Great news Tom!  Do you have any plans to reinstate the metadata editor that used to
> be part of metasearch's predecessor's? I think it is the next gaping hole in our
> standards support.

Agreed, that would be an important addition.
All the best, and thanks!

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

Alexander Bruy
In reply to this post by Tim Sutton-4
Hi Tim,

2014-09-03 0:37 GMT+03:00 Tim Sutton <[hidden email]>:

> Great news Tom!  Do you have any plans to reinstate the metadata editor that
> used to be part of metasearch's predecessor's? I think it is the next gaping
> hole in our standards support.

Am I right that Metatools plugin does not works for you and you need
something else?
AFAIK it works fine under QGIS 2.x, so I don't understand why we need
another editor.

Moreover I'm slowly work on new improved version of this plugin. It is
not ready yet,
so I not announced it nor force to include in QGIS core.

--
Alexander Bruy
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

Tom Kralidis


On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Alexander Bruy wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:54:16 +0300
> From: Alexander Bruy <[hidden email]>
> To: Tim Sutton <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>,
>     qgis-developer <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] MetaSearch 0.3.0 released
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> 2014-09-03 0:37 GMT+03:00 Tim Sutton <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Great news Tom!  Do you have any plans to reinstate the metadata editor that
>> used to be part of metasearch's predecessor's? I think it is the next gaping
>> hole in our standards support.
>

Agreed that metadata publishing is the next frontier :)

See below.

> Am I right that Metatools plugin does not works for you and you need
> something else?
> AFAIK it works fine under QGIS 2.x, so I don't understand why we need
> another editor.
>

Agreed.

I get tracebacks like below when trying to use metatools:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:/Users/TomK/.qgis2/python/plugins\metatools\metatools.py", line 316, in doView
     standard = MetaInfoStandard.tryDetermineStandard(self.metaProvider)
   File "C:/Users/TomK/.qgis2/python/plugins\metatools\standard.py", line 35, in tryDetermineStandard
     print "TryDetStd ", text, " Text"
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor


> Moreover I'm slowly work on new improved version of this plugin. It is
> not ready yet,
> so I not announced it nor force to include in QGIS core.
>

I'll be glad to help out Alex when the above is ready and out there.

Having said this, what about the Layer properties dialog's Metadata section? There
is almost enough there for a fulsome enough metadata record.  Adding
a CSW publishing client ('Publish Metadata') would be straightforward.


> --
> Alexander Bruy
>
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
SBL
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

SBL
Hi Tom,

if you allow me a user-question here:

>Having said this, what about the Layer properties dialog's Metadata section? There
>is almost enough there for a fulsome enough metadata record.  Adding
>a CSW publishing client ('Publish Metadata') would be straightforward.

Such a feature would be very much appreciated. Would you think of shipping a CSW server (e.g. pyCSW) with a QGIS installation / make that a dependency for a plugin or do you think of an interface to Metadata catlogue software like (from the group of OSGeo tools) GeoNetwork. The latter - which probably would be comparable with this solution in the proprietary world: https://www.geocat.net/bridge/ - would be nice, because it would a) improve interoperability between OSGeo projects, and b) help in central metadata management of an organisation (while the former is probably mor beneficial for smaler companies or single users which do not operate something like GeoNetwork)!
Otherwise, a way to get metadata from QGIS published (e.g. in GeoNetwork), would be XML-import...

Cheers
Stefan
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

Tom Kralidis


On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 08:00:06 +0000
> From: "Blumentrath, Stefan" <[hidden email]>
> To: Tom Kralidis <[hidden email]>,
>     Alexander Bruy <[hidden email]>
> Cc: qgis-developer <[hidden email]>
> Subject: AW: [Qgis-developer] MetaSearch 0.3.0 released
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> if you allow me a user-question here:
>
>> Having said this, what about the Layer properties dialog's Metadata section? There
>> is almost enough there for a fulsome enough metadata record.  Adding
>> a CSW publishing client ('Publish Metadata') would be straightforward.
>
> Such a feature would be very much appreciated. Would you think of shipping a CSW server (e.g. pyCSW) with a QGIS installation / make that a dependency for a plugin or do you think of an interface to Metadata catlogue software like (from the group of OSGeo tools) GeoNetwork. The latter - which probably would be comparable with this solution in the proprietary world: https://www.geocat.net/bridge/ - would be nice, because it would a) improve interoperability between OSGeo projects, and b) help in central metadata management of an organisation (while the former is probably mor beneficial for smaler companies or single users which do not operate something like GeoNetwork)!
> Otherwise, a way to get metadata from QGIS published (e.g. in GeoNetwork), would be XML-import...
>

Optionally both.  The default could be loosely coupled using the CSW endpoint and all is done via CSW-T.  A user could manage/publish their metadata with a selected CSW of their choosing/configuration.

The other option would be to ship pycsw as the QGIS CSW server to allow users to easily stand up their own CSW.  pycsw is Python and can be embedded seamlessly into downstream apps with Python support (like QGIS).

..Tom
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer