Memory Leak in King Oracle Provider?

KeithC
Memory Leak in King Oracle Provider?

I've been observing the memory usage of MapGuide Server 1.1.0 when accessing Oracle spatial data with the King FDO provider for Oracle, v 0.7.0. Each time the polyline layer is turned on, memory usage of MGOS server increases by about 14MB, and it is not subsequently reclaimed. Accessing the same data in an SDF data source, increases memory usage slightly when the initial request is made, but it then returns to it's previous level.

Are there any settings/configuration that need to be made in order to stop this memory leak in the Oracle data source? Or is this simply a feature of the Oracle provider?

Keith

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.

The ultimate parent company of the Atkins Group is WS Atkins plc.  Registered in England No. 1885586.  Registered Office Woodcote Grove, Ashley Road, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5BW.

P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

RE: Memory Leak in King Oracle Provider?

Haris Kurtagic
Memory Leak in King Oracle Provider?

I just tried 1.1 with King.Oracle 0.7.

I couldn’t reproduce memory leak. Memory will rise, especially if I have multiple connections to Oracle and large schema (many FDO classes) but it got released if connection is closed

and I cannot see memory usage rising incrementally.

I am trying with redding parcels sample data. I could try with your data if yuu can send it to me.

Haris