Meeting Reminder for Friday

Frank Warmerdam
Folks,

We have a board meeting scheduled for tomorrow (Friday):

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Thirty_Fourth_Board_Meeting

I have adjusted the time so it is now 1500 UTC, which works out to
our usual 8:00am PST and 11:00am EST.  It is likely changed from the
usual time for sane parts of the world that don't have daylight savings
time, so please check the time-and-date page if in doubt.

I expect to add an item for QGIS Graduation from incubation.

I encourage others to add agenda items if there are things we need to
address.

Re: Meeting Reminder for Friday

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo)
Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We have a board meeting scheduled for tomorrow (Friday):
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Thirty_Fourth_Board_Meeting
>
> I have adjusted the time so it is now 1500 UTC, which works out to
> our usual 8:00am PST and 11:00am EST.  It is likely changed from the
> usual time for sane parts of the world that don't have daylight savings
> time, so please check the time-and-date page if in doubt.
Hehe, who said that "our usual time" is 8:00am PST? I never consented to
follow the insane parts of the world? So we Europeans now have to change
our alarms twice, once when you go insane and again when we do. We might
want to stick to UTC and let it be. (Consider this a formal note of
protest, but don't switch again - it is not meant too seriously).

Due to bad connectivity during travel I might only be able to attend via
mobile phone and have no online access. If my vote is required to reach
quorum and I drop out during the meeting I give my proxy to Markus
Neteler, given he can make it.

I think that I asked before but do not remember an answer. Do we have a
regulation for giving proxies at all?

Best regards,
Arnulf

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hehe, who said that "our usual time" is 8:00am PST? I never consented to
> follow the insane parts of the world? So we Europeans now have to change
> our alarms twice, once when you go insane and again when we do. We might
> want to stick to UTC and let it be. (Consider this a formal note of
> protest, but don't switch again - it is not meant too seriously).

Arnulf,

The "usual time" is based on the bulk of the attendies being north american
and most especially the chair.  I would not object to this being changed,
but I'm not going to change it without something like a motion to the
board.

At least I'm more sensitive to the disruption I'm causing in sane parts of
the world!

> Due to bad connectivity during travel I might only be able to attend via
> mobile phone and have no online access. If my vote is required to reach
> quorum and I drop out during the meeting I give my proxy to Markus
> Neteler, given he can make it.

I'm still unaware of rules on directors assigning proxy votes.

Re: Meeting Reminder for Friday

Markus Neteler
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Arnulf Christl
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>  > Folks,
>  >
>  > We have a board meeting scheduled for tomorrow (Friday):
>  >
>  >   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Thirty_Fourth_Board_Meeting
>  >
>  > I have adjusted the time so it is now 1500 UTC, which works out to
>  > our usual 8:00am PST and 11:00am EST.  It is likely changed from the
>  > usual time for sane parts of the world that don't have daylight savings
>  > time, so please check the time-and-date page if in doubt.
>  Hehe, who said that "our usual time" is 8:00am PST? I never consented to
>  follow the insane parts of the world? So we Europeans now have to change
>  our alarms twice, once when you go insane and again when we do. We might
>  want to stick to UTC and let it be. (Consider this a formal note of
>  protest, but don't switch again - it is not meant too seriously).

(yes, please let's use UTC, thanks)

>  Due to bad connectivity during travel I might only be able to attend via
>  mobile phone and have no online access. If my vote is required to reach
>  quorum and I drop out during the meeting I give my proxy to Markus
>  Neteler, given he can make it.

I am sorry but I won't be able to make it - I am moving my house (contents)
in these days and the internet connection is yet to arrive in the new
flat.

This also caused my absence during the last days.

Best regards,
Markus

Re: Meeting Reminder for Friday

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
FYI - the meeting minutes are now posted: