Maximum upload size

Samin Payrosangari
Dear Geonetwork team,

How can I increase the Maximum upload size from 100MB to
500MB or more in versions 3.2 and 2.10? when I change the
MaxUploadSize variable on config.xml or add a
configuration for it to config-spring-geonetwork.xml, It
does not work. Can you please tell me how to solve this
problem? This is a big issue for our company because many
of our files are more than 100MB and our data management
team has to spend too much time on preprocessing those
files and then uploading them.

Best,
Samin Payro
Center of Development Research
University of Bonn

Re: Maximum upload size

Jose Garcia
Hi Samin

In *3.2.x versions *should be using Spring MVC for uploads (although can
still be some services using old jeeves):

1) For Spring MVC services, it's defined in
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/blob/3.2.x/services/src/main/resources/config-spring-geonetwork.xml#L62-L65

The problem with that configuration file is that is packaged in a jar, so
most probably you'll need to checkout the source code and rebuild the
module with the new configuration value. Or to unzip the current jar,
update the file and package it again.

This is not really nice, I have open a issue in GitHub to track this:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/2030

2) For possible services using still old jeeves, I recommend also to update
the config.xml also.

For *2.10.x versions*, afaik no Spring MVC is used, so the update in
config.xml should work (requires restarting Geonetwork).

Regards,
Jose García

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Samin Payrosangari <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Geonetwork team,
>
> How can I increase the Maximum upload size from 100MB to 500MB or more in
> versions 3.2 and 2.10? when I change the MaxUploadSize variable on
> config.xml or add a configuration for it to config-spring-geonetwork.xml,
> It does not work. Can you please tell me how to solve this problem? This is
> a big issue for our company because many of our files are more than 100MB
> and our data management team has to spend too much time on preprocessing
> those files and then uploading them.
>
> Best,
> Samin Payro
> Center of Development Research
> University of Bonn

> s/geonetwork

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Maximum upload size

Samin Payrosangari
Dear jose,

I have deployed the .war file for version 3.2 using
tomcat. You mean for the .war file I should undeploy the
current version I have, unzip it, change the
config-spring-geonetwork.xml, zip it again, then deploy
with tomcat again?

For version 2.10 unfortunately your solution does not
work. What could be the problem? MAybe with tomcat or
something?

Best,
Samin Payro
Center of Development Research