Max / Min Denominator

GeoServer - User mailing list
Hi,

I am trying to use the MinScaleDenominator and MaxScaleDenominator to determine the view-able range of a layer.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be working in ArcGIS or Qgis when I import the WMS layer in. I am using the following code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<StyledLayerDescriptor version="1.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/sld StyledLayerDescriptor.xsd"
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/sld"
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
<!-- a Named Layer is the basic building block of an SLD document -->
<NamedLayer>
<Name>)OSrelief</Name>
<UserStyle>
<!-- Styles can have names, titles and abstracts -->
<Title>OSrelief</Title>
<Abstract>OSrelief</Abstract>
<!-- FeatureTypeStyles describe how to render different features -->
<!-- A FeatureTypeStyle for rendering rasters -->
<FeatureTypeStyle>
<Rule>
<Name>rule1</Name>
<Title>Opaque Raster</Title>
<Abstract>A raster with 100% opacity</Abstract>

<MinScaleDenominator>200000</MinScaleDenominator>
<MaxScaleDenominator>6000000</MaxScaleDenominator>

<RasterSymbolizer>
<Opacity>1.0</Opacity>
</RasterSymbolizer>
</Rule>
</FeatureTypeStyle>
</UserStyle>
</NamedLayer>
</StyledLayerDescriptor>

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

I would be gratefull for any help,

Will Adam

Re: Max / Min Denominator

geowolf
Hi,
the SLD syntax is correct... dumb question, you have associated it with the layer as the default style, yes?
If you use the GeoServer map preview, are the scale denominators limits taken into account? The preview uses the WMS protocol just like qgis/arcgis.

The other thing that I can think about is maybe the coordinate reference system, as it affects scale calculations. Can you double check it's the correct one?

Cheers
Andrea