[Marketing] Meeting follow up

jody.garnett
Not sure I saw meeting notes posted - how did it go?

I tried filling in the spreadsheet s but more but am not sure if I am doing it right? I had to break it up into multiple rows as the rows were two tall for my laptop monitor.
Jody Garnett

Re: [Marketing] Meeting follow up

Jeffrey Johnson
Apologies we didn't post notes. Basically we just went over this
spreadsheet. Ill look at your edits and anyone else is welcome to
participate in this process. Its really critical that we get this part
right.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure I saw meeting notes posted - how did it go?
>
> I tried filling in the spreadsheet s but more but am not sure if I am doing
> it right? I had to break it up into multiple rows as the rows were two tall
> for my laptop monitor.
> Jody Garnett

Re: [Marketing] Meeting follow up

jody.garnett
Do we have any more gaps in our volunteers? I agree that this part is where we need input (as these stories will guide what is created and prioritized).

I cannot quite figure out what all the questions mean, I would love a review of the service providers column.
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:01 AM Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Apologies we didn't post notes. Basically we just went over this
spreadsheet. Ill look at your edits and anyone else is welcome to
participate in this process. Its really critical that we get this part
right.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not sure I saw meeting notes posted - how did it go?
>
> I tried filling in the spreadsheet s but more but am not sure if I am doing
> it right? I had to break it up into multiple rows as the rows were two tall
> for my laptop monitor.
> Jody Garnett

Jody Garnett

Re: [Marketing] Meeting follow up

jody.garnett
Okay, I will need to ask some questions then as I am not quite sure how to fill in this spreadsheet.

1. Can I ask Pim Tebbens (the document owner) or  to change the permissions so members of the marketing committee can edit (right now allowing anyone to edit is keeping me from sharing a link to the document on the mailing list).

2. The divide between Non-community and Community-stakeholders seems clear.

3. I cannot figure out from the examples given:
- USP?
- Difference between "Which media we can use" and "which channels"?

4. Is this spreadsheet needed for tomorrows meeting with GetInteractive?

--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Okay, I will need to ask some questions then as I am not quite sure how to
> fill in this spreadsheet.
>
> 1. Can I ask Pim Tebbens (the document owner) or  to change the permissions
> so members of the marketing committee can edit (right now allowing anyone to
> edit is keeping me from sharing a link to the document on the mailing list).

Its private again and anyone can request access. Pim can you go ahead
and grant access to those that request. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/a/getinteractive.nl/spreadsheets/d/1KX8Li3DMP5nbrE2QZyw23pAhDzVxsCoQ3x1-XwD_w60/edit?usp=sharing

> 2. The divide between Non-community and Community-stakeholders seems clear.
>
> 3. I cannot figure out from the examples given:
> - USP?

Unique Selling Proposition. What are we trying to say that OSGeo
is/does that is unique specific to this audience. I've edited a bunch
of these now so it should be more clear.

> - Difference between "Which media we can use" and "which channels"?

Check the additional tab for the lists of these. Some of them in the
Channels are irrelevant for marketing purposes.

> 4. Is this spreadsheet needed for tomorrows meeting with GetInteractive?

I think this will have to be an ongoing iterative project to tailor
this carefully for exactly how we want to message for each group and
purpose. Jody, lets both of us do a quick call to go over some of
these and take some notes.

Really grateful for anyone else's input here. I think the time we
invest up front here will pay dividends quickly, so lets not put this
off.